Heartland recall certain 2011 travel trailers

Posted from Good Sam on 12/01/2011: HEARTLAND IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 TRAVEL TRAILERS EQUIPPED WITH 15"X6" WHITE SPOKE OR MODULAR DESIGN STEEL WHEELS WITH A SIX HOLE BOLT PATTERN. SOME OF THE WHEELS MAY HAVE INADEQUATE WELD PENETRATION BETWEEN THE OUTER RING AND THE CENTER PLATE DUE TO IMPROPER PLATE ALIGNMENT.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since it is only 2010 here in WI, my laptop is not able to look forward to 12/01/2011?
I was unable to find it. Do you have a link for that Good Sam post?

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Ok, Heartland makes a number of different travel trailers, i.e. North Country, North Trail, Trail Runner. Please be more specific in your post and maybe Jim B. or one of the factory guys can jump in with more details. Also is HL going to be mailing out recall notices?

jbeletti

I don't have details on this specific recall, but the way recalls like this work is that the party who supplied the component that is the subject of the recall, notifies the companies they supplied the product to and notifies NHTSA. Then some sort of remediation is worked out and submitted to NHTSA for review. When NHTSA approves the remediation, then the party who supplied the product to retail, in this case Heartland, sends out recall noticies via postal mail with return receipt and signature required.

Jim

bigdob24

WOW
Sounds like a long drawn out deal. I hope my 2011 is not on recall list.
Seems like they would atleast let everyone know that there maybe a problem and then narrow it down. I may have several K miles on it before the word gets put out.
I'll be watching the forum, and hope the factory sends out something soon
Dan

letourno

Quebec Chapter Leader-retired