2011 F Series Truck Recall

jimtoo

Runaways are nasty. Ever see one bog down under too much load, stall and kick over running backwards with smoke coming out the intake. It's an Oh ---- moment too.

Yea,,, I remember a few years ago... maybe 48 or so, lived in Utah, in the mountains... I was working for an oil field service company...new to driving a truck... was told to take a small truck to a location..This was a 6-71 with a 5 and 2 speed... What did I know, it had a clutch pedal,, brake pedal and throttle, one seat and two gear shift levers,,, so OK.. took off,drove about 30 miles,, no shifting,,, no problems..started up a pass,,, small one,,, kinda steep,,unpaved road...let RPM get to low...started bucking...shifted gears,,, missed it... back to same one.. OH NO>..engine kinda made a funny noise... puked,,,a time or two... made loud noise.... truck stopped....engine sounded really funny and I was going backwards....smoke was everywhere.. Engine running backwards... made air compressor run backwards,,, pulled air from air brakes,,, brakes where like stepping on the throttle...just went faster...finally after hitting bottom of pass,,, it got tired and stopped...was I ever happy.... Had to change clothes,,, clean the seat..and a few other things. But I learned to never let a 671 get below about 1200 rpm, they just go nuts...and,,, well,,, they will run backwards.

Jim M

PS: Visit us at George West Storyfest for more stories. And I never tell a lie.

And if you believe this,,, I have a very nice lot for sale with RV on it... nice beach,, good deer hunting..warm all year, no taxes..contact me..

Bighurt

Diesels run backwards... which is why the manual on M35's have printed in huge red letters, "never park in gear"

More than a fair share of motor pool guys have backed into a parked unit only to have it start up and drive through the yard.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Pretty soon we will no longer be living in this wonderful USA. It will be part of the United States of Europe. Unfortunately.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Pretty soon we will no longer be living in this wonderful USA. It will be part of the United States of Europe. Unfortunately.

Ho vissuto in Italia per venti se mese e parlo Italiano bene. Noi vissuto in Gaeta. Mio prima moglia vissuto in Marano di Napoli e lei non parlo englese. Mi piacere tornare a Italia un altra volta.

And no I didn't use a translator.

Are ya ready. I'd rather live there than south of the border or anywhere in Asia.

lwmcguir

There is really nothing wrong with international trade, manufacturing or whatever. The problem is our politicians as they don't have the backbone to enforce balance of trade. Wouldn't be that hard to at least get it close by using market values and then enforcing it either with tariffs or volume. Most of our money that leaves is for oil and trinkets although food is becoming a larger portion every day.