Pardon our Dust... Forum re-structuring underway

linuxkidd

Hello All,
Over the years of operation and expansion of both Heartland RVs and the Heartland Owners Forum, we've continued to add sub-forums as appropriate to house new discussion topics as they arose. The issue is that we've been doing so without restructuring along the way which has resulted in a bit of an organizational issue.

We are currently in the process of re-organizing the forums and sub-forums in the hopes of making things easier to find. This includes simply moving some forums around and also collapsing several of the similar sub-forums inside the Brand communities into master sub-forums in the Heartland General area where that makes sense. We hope this will provide easier browsing and finding of information, as well as making the decision on where a new thread should be posted a lot easier for both our established and new member base.

We recognize this will cause a bit of inconvenience in the interim as duplicate forums exist and posts move about one by one. Please know that we will work diligently to ensure the transition period is as short as possible.

All feedback is greatly appreciated...

Thanks for your understanding,
LK

2010augusta

Both Air conditioning and furnaces are discussed in HVAC and Appliances. One of the topic areas needs to be a sub-category.

Willym

Keep up the good work, a reduction in the number of sub-forums is the right way to go. This will make information sharing across different brands much easier.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
But why does the site now want me to add the file "ietag.dll" to my computer?? What does it do, and why do I need to add it?

2010augusta

There needs to be a fireplace and electric heating section in HVAC

And where are LP hook-up and bottle questions going to be placed?

Last edited:

2010augusta

Can the solar and wind power sub-forum be closed or deleted since we now have a solar area in the electrical sub-forum.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
we need a Central Vacuum area in the appliance section.
In order to at least finish the cyclone appliances, I moved anything referring to central vacs to "storage & cleaning". I figured vacuums are related to cleaning? If a vacuum specific section is created, I'll go back in and move them.

Jim-n-Leslie

Great work managing the forum. It is one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of participating in. The only issue I run into is searching for users. I have no issue with not presenting user's names under the member listing (I assume that is a privacy issue), given only UserIDs are shown, but is there any chance the search capability can still search across user's real names (first or last) to find one's UserID nder the advanced search?
Jim

jbeletti

Sorry Jim but the only way you will be able to obtain any search results with real names is if the user uses their real name in the post or in their signature. The real name fields (first and last), while required for forum registration are A. spoofable and B. private data fields that are not searchable. When I say "spoofable", I mean that while required, there is no test done to ensure it's a real or valid name.

Sorry about that.

Jim

Jim-n-Leslie

Oh well, thought I'd ask. Sorry it took so long to get back to your reply - I've had the "crud" that's been going around - it's been hanging for the last three weeks. Ugh!
Jim

JonV

Keep up the good work, a reduction in the number of sub-forums is the right way to go. This will make information sharing across different brands much easier.
I agree with you Bill. The other forum we both frequent, without sub-forums, is far easier to navigate and find info. Often less is more. CU in Kingston