fuel cost

tmcran

Diesel in West Texas about 3.39. Much more and our Rving will be limited. I have found number of motels willing to negotiate on room prices. How are others dealing with high diesel related to trips?

Splash

We're not taking many long trips, so far we have only one trip to Canton planned and the rest are within an hour of home.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
So far our plans only call for hauling our rig 200 miles to our summer site, then down to Goshen for the rally, and then back up north for the rest of the summer. We might toss in another trip down to Mammoth Caves, prior to the trip north. That's still under discussion. But for major road trips, we still use our timeshares and drive the 4-banger Chevy Equinox. We took it in November to Orlando and then over to Gulf Shores. Averages 30 mpg and plenty comfy.

I don't like rising fuel costs, either, but I won't let it stop me from enjoying myself. Flying and airfare, on the other hand, are another story. We used to do that a lot.

GOTTOYS

Buy fuel..go where we want to go..Didn't fork out all this money to let this thing sit because it might cost $50 or $100 more to travel. I would like to see lower fuel prices too but it isn't really a factor compared to our total investment. Don

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I guess we are going to help the oil companies get richer. We have plans to go to Alaska this year. We know that the fuel prices are much higher in Canada.

We are going to try to go as far as possible and if we run out out of fuel money, we park for a while. Like someone told me some time ago.. If you can't afford the Diesel park it.

If we travel for 8 months times 4 weeks per month (average) = 32 weeks @ 100 gal per week = 3200 gal at $4.00 per gal =$12,800. If $3.00 that would be $9,600. That is $3,200 extra devided by 32 weeks or $100.00 a week. The difference is not a deal breaker. Just eat out less, find a cheaper place to stay, drink less beer(nada).

We had a great trip to Canada in 2008 when the fuel prices were high. Biggest problem is using the liter system. Seems like your filling up someone elses fuel tank and yours...

Just for fun... Can't take it with you....
BC