"Babies Wrapped in Love" a community outreach opportunity

dglatta

Re: Babies for us...for the crafty ladies

Cheryl-
2nd blanket finished today. Still need to finish the second baby sack. That will mean that each baby blanket/baby sack will come with a matching hat and pair of booties. I don't know if I will get anything else done before June. I still need to buy bags. That's on my "to-do" list before we leave. I've made sure that I have extra yarn to attach the tags. Am I forgetting anything? I have to remember to get all of this back to the fifth-wheel before we leave. That would be just like me. . . .Get all of this done and then leave it all at home!!

Kathi

dieselsweetheart

Kathi, if you can't find the bags I will have a few extra...but check Walmart or Target...places like that. Also, the tags already have yarn on them...courtesy of my wonderful assistant Deb Bylinski.... I asked for tags and boy did she deliver!! Thanks again!!! We are going to do so much good with these blankets...and we will end up doing a presentation over lunch!!! Details to follow...

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Kathi, if you can't find the bags I will have a few extra...but check Walmart or Target...places like that. Also, the tags already have yarn on them...courtesy of my wonderful assistant Deb Bylinski.... I asked for tags and boy did she deliver!! Thanks again!!! We are going to do so much good with these blankets...and we will end up doing a presentation over lunch!!! Details to follow...

Hey Cheryl, mom's friend made another blanket so please up my borrowage to 6 bags! This one is soooo cute! It has a matching little sweater and hat! I am so good at begging from the right people!

dieselsweetheart

Deb!! Thanks so much!! We are rockin' !!!! Be sure to thank your mom's friend for me!!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Deb!! Thanks so much!! We are rockin' !!!! Be sure to thank your mom's friend for me!!!

I am putting together a some thank you cards for Mom and her friends! Thought it would be nice if we all signed them in Goshen and maybe enclosed a picture of the turnover event. Just one more thing I have to remember to put in the camper before we leave.

Also, while grocery shopping today I picked up some similac powder. Is this stuff good? Powdered formula wasn't in my motherhood experiences. I checked expiration dates and it appears it will be fine if purchased ahead of time.

dieselsweetheart

On that Friday of the rally we will be hosting a luncheon from 11-1 when we will present the blankets to the person representing the shelter where our blankets will go...please plan to attend this luncheon to celebrate the Babies Wrapped in Love program..

Thank you!

dieselsweetheart

Good morning.... I am planning on giving out a memento at the Goshen ceremony for all who are contributing to the BWIL program...whether you donate baby food/blankets/hats/booties.... please send me your name in my inbox...this will save me time in Goshen... thanks in advance for all you are doing for the little ones and their moms...

jimtoo

Hi Cheryl,

We will be bringing one also. It will be made by my sister for us, since neither of us are talented in that area of expertise. Do you need her name now or what.

This is a great thing you are doing, I just hope it is appreciated by the folks that will receive them.

Jim M

dieselsweetheart

One thing about donating time and supplies such as this...no matter what you are doing for the community...from building to clean-up, to donating food or money.... it does make you feel good. I enjoy helping others...and if I had more I would give it. Because of my knee injury last year I lost my full time status at work and the $$$ that goes with it...it really bothers me that I haven't been able to donate as much as I am used to...but this project and other volunteer projects through Heartland will go a long way for folks who are less fortunate than us. The Heartland owners club is an excellent example of brotherhood and sharing what we can and I am proud to be a part of the club!

dieselsweetheart

Finished another blanket and now working to finish the last one in my collection...I think I will have 5 made...my kitchen table is full of blankets from other donors and I have received a nice donation of baby food.... time is ticking down... soon time for us all to be together in Goshen!!!

Thanks everyone!!

jimtoo

Hi Cheryl,

My sweet sister delivered two blankets to us to donate.

See you in Goshen.

Jim M

MrsSouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Cheryl, Since we cannot make the Goshen Rally, I am sending 7 hats and 4 snuggie blankets (the snuggie blankets are not to keep warm with but for the little ones to have something soft to snuggle - that's how I came to the name Snuggie! )
Am sending to Dorothy and she will deliver from both of us..... :)

dieselsweetheart

thanks Sam!! I didn't know you weren't coming to Goshen.... sorry to hear that! I will miss you and Larry!! Thank you so much for the donation!!!!

dieselsweetheart

Just a reminder as we are winding down the days to the start of the rally....don't forget!
Blankets, blankets, and more blankets....!! Let's get as many as we can! I think I now have 10 here on my table... I set a goal of 50. Wow me folks!! Can we do more?

As a reminder, if you are making the fleece tie blanket, we will be working on them at the ladies craft table through the week. Just bring a 48 X 60 panel and a matching panel (so the blanket is reversible)...

For all you non-crafty folks...remember the baby food is needed too!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart and can't wait to see you all in Goshen! Remember the lunch from 11-1p on Friday to present the blankets!

dieselsweetheart

For those of you who attended the presentation on Friday morning, you know we did an awesome job for the babies at the shelter!!! Remember my goal of 50 blankets? How about 189 blankets??!!! And 90 hats, 15 sets of booties (if memory on the booties serves).... and although I didn't have time to count the baby food (I will change things around for next time)...I think there were about 200 items of food...and maybe more. I myself had donations from my co-workers so I brought about 60 pieces...so maybe 250 pieces of baby food? However many, I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of support for an idea I had back on a snowy February evening. I can't express enough my gratitude to everyone who participated. To those of you who donated in PA but didn't go on to Goshen...can you believe this?? To those of you who donated but couldn't stay for the lunch...I thank you for stopping by....

I was also part of the food bank collection team and I know that sometimes we can run too many projects and ask for too much. But we collected over 1.200 items (almost 1,300) for the food bank. That's an awesome amount!!! We team members thank you for the support you showed for that "give back" project as well.

So, is the BWIL project worth re-visiting in Goshen in 2 years? I think so. And from what I heard at the lunch, I think many of you thought so too... so, give yourselves a well round of applause, and a much needed rest....and when the weather gets cooler again...get your needles or crochet hook back out and think of the babies in Goshen/Elkhart county...

Bless you all and a big hug from me!!!

dieselsweetheart

I need to update my numbers to include the sweaters made by ladies....we had a donation of 7 sweaters as well. (I just found notes Beth Dean kept for me).... and 14 pairs of booties... and 93 hats!! That's amazing! I have written to Marianne and asked her to keep in touch with me as to the disbursement of those items.

You know I won a $25 gift card for Michaels....sweet justice, right???