Fuel - It's Happening Again

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hi Terry
Yes we are at Oasis RV and I know where the Wal-Mart is located. Was there today and the Fuel price including the discount is $3.91 per gallon.

I like this park. Looked at a number of the around town and this one has them all beat hands down. From the Review I almost went to Fort Amarillo RV. Sure glad I didn't. Only wish they had some grass between the sites like Buckhorn. Otherwise this is great.

BC

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Bob,

We have been going to Amarillo to visit my daughter, husband for at least 4 years, we have stayed at a few other RV parks there. But now Oasis is the only place that I stay when in Amarillo.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bob what Walmart card are you using? Did not realize there was a shopping card for Walmart.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Bob what Walmart card are you using? Did not realize there was a shopping card for Walmart.

Yes. I go into Wal-Mart and put $150-200 or what ever I need to fuel up on diesel on a walmart shopping card using my credit card. Then I go to the diesel pump and pump diesel using the shopping card. This gives me a 3¢ discount. 70 gallons X .03 gives me $2.10 savings. Not much in the short run but in the long run the drip will fill the bucket.

BC

GOTTOYS

Phew! All the way down to $3.99 a gal. for diesel yesterday here in Minnesota. At least it's going down. This has to be killing the trucking industry, among others...Don

WilmanJim

So far since we left CA, San Diego, on the 10th of May we have paid less than $4.00/ gallon. Was $4.699 when we left San Diego. Cheapest was Eloy, AZ at $3.819 at Flying J with 3 cent discount. We are in Luling TX at the moment.
We have had a 20-40 knot headwind all across TX so far. Sure would be nice to get a tailwind now and then. Seems like no matter where we travel it's always a headwind. Hoping to get across the Mississippi River come Friday.
Safe Travels Everyone
Jim

traveler44

Diesel is $4.24 at the Shell here but it is $4.09 at the Phillips 66 five miles south. Our Shell is the first place to gouge as soon as they hear fuel prices are going up. They were as high as $4.35 but I think they lost enough business that they decided to lower the price a little. I will drive the 5 miles just to keep from doing business with them from now on. Tom M.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yep, the Shell here in town is always higher than anybody else, too. Usually by 10-cents a gallon, at least.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Shell is 10 cents a gallon higher because you can use your Kroger card to get a 10 cent a gallon discount. It is a marketing ploy. Raise the price 10 cents to allow you to get a 10 cent discount.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Shell is 10 cents a gallon higher because you can use your Kroger card to get a 10 cent a gallon discount. It is a marketing ploy. Raise the price 10 cents to allow you to get a 10 cent discount.

Hmm. I've got a Kroger card, but never thought of using it at Shell. I don't shop a lot at Kroger, just odds & ends (nice store, but their parking is a nightmare even with the Equinox). I was under the impression that you needed to run up "credits" at Kroger in order to get any kind of discount at the pumps. Not so?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
At our local Kroger store in Spring, you got a .03 cent a gallon discount just for using the Kroger card even if you didn't have a credit points. With 100 points you get a .10 per gallon discount. With 1000 points you get a dollar a gallon discount. Just before we left, I found a Shell with $3.89 diesel, so with the .10 off, got it for $3.79. We can't store enough groceries in our trailer to get 1000 points.