Fuel - It's Happening Again

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I know we are tired of fuel threads and there is nothing to be done, but I am curious if this is happening around the country as well. It seems that although I live within 10 miles of two major oil refineries, fuel prices here in the 4th corner of WA are always higher than most areas. This morning diesel is $3.90! By the weekend no doubt it will hit the $4.00 mark!

jdfishing

Same here in northern CA. We've got several refineries withing 20 miles and the fuel prices have jumped in the last few weeks. Now they say it's the trouble in the middle east causing it. But we were getting warnings of $4.00+/gal as early as last year. They were preparing us. They've always got a reason/excuse.

Rrloren

Oil's over $100 a barrel and rising. If we don't get to drilling our own oil we will see $5 a gal. for fuel. Wait till we all see the price for any products delivered by truck.

ChopperBill

I got an e-mail that said to quit buying fuel from Mobil and Exxon. They are the two largest suppliers and if they lower the price to get back customers the rest will follow suite.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
This is a very timely thread. I just bought a little 4cyl 5 speed 2004 Ford Ranger. I am spending right at $700.00 on fuel with the big truck. I am hoping for a saving of $350/ month and a pay back in a little over year with current prices.
Fuel is at $3.40 right now, up from $3.19 almost overnight. I am betting by the end of March we will be over $4.00.

dprince99

Why should an Oil Company sell more gas for less money, when they can sell less gas for more money???
They don't even ask any more, they just reach in to our pockets and take what they want, and then use what ever excuse CNN states for the day!!!
I think we need the Independent Truckers help again, and this time stand with them!!! But I'm sure that there will always be those that will say that it's not that bad, & always look to the excuse of the day for the answer.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
This is a very timely thread. I just bought a little 4cyl 5 speed 2004 Ford Ranger. I am spending right at $700.00 on fuel with the big truck. I am hoping for a saving of $350/ month and a pay back in a little over year with current prices.
Fuel is at $3.40 right now, up from $3.19 almost overnight. I am betting by the end of March we will be over $4.00.

Hey Larry,

You gonna pull the Big Country with that:rolleyes:?

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
This is getting to be the biggest farce. Egypt doesn't really produce any oil they just control the Suez Canal, Libya just produces 2% of the oil and we the users are suffering because of them. As was stated CNN predicted that the prices would rise over 2 months ago. I love nature and trees as much as the other person but it has got to get to a point that we as AMERICANS can drill in our own back yard without some lawyer/organization telling us we can't. If something isn't done the price will go over $5.00 a gallon. jmho.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Larry,

You gonna pull the Big Country with that:rolleyes:?

I was thinking about it. This guy did it why can't I?
images

cjhicks

Just got fuel an hour ago , $3.66 a Gal. here in SW Florida. That was at a Walmart not on the Interstate.

caissiel

I had a 4 cylinder ranger and my best millage was 28ImpMPG and with the ford 6.0L i can get 26ImpMPG and be able to haul 3 times the load.

the only time I could save 50% on fuel was to drive a VW diesel at 56ImpMPG.

The savings were from $320 to $180 per month and payed for the first RV we ever owned.

I did some payback calculations when I had a 6.5L GM and found that keeping the truck was more economical then driving a Cavalier. But the VW had positive results due to the diesel and retaining value of the vehicle.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I know we are tired of fuel threads and there is nothing to be done, but I am curious if this is happening around the country as well. It seems that although I live within 10 miles of two major oil refineries, fuel prices here in the 4th corner of WA are always higher than most areas. This morning diesel is $3.90! By the weekend no doubt it will hit the $4.00 mark!

This is almost comical...drove by the same Chevron on the way home and it is now $3.98

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I've got a lot of opinions about this, but I won't express them. If I did, the thread would be shut down. :)

Last edited:

hoefler

I almost hate to post this, here in Shell Knob, Mo., diesel is at $3.21, reg gas is $2.93.

Flame away!!

jbeletti

Steve,

I've been paying $3.40s / $3.50s per gallon the last few days in MS/AR/TN.

All,

Let be real careful on this thread - lest it gets closed pretty fast. We all have our views on this just as we all have our own political and religious views. While fuel and its cost is very relevant to our ability to RV, I just don't want to see this thread go down a road that is better suited to so many other forums out there.

Thanks gang,

Jim

archbarb

3.49 is the best price here in SE Georgia. We are a two diesel family. My truck has the Duramax, and my DW has a Jeep Liberty, Trail Rated with the 2.8 diesel engine. Thankfully I have a company vehicle I use during the week, and usually only drive my truck on weekends or traveling with the BC.

Archie