Lippert/Trailair and other Promos at Rally

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Lippert Promo for Rally Attendees

Ray, Duane is right about the spot behind the shop. If you can't get in there it is only a few miles from the fair park.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Duane & Dave, Thanks! It's still a ways off so a lot depends on when we leave WI and which route we take. We'll see what works best at the time.

porthole

Retired
If your appointment is at 7.............. Mine was also at 7. By 7 the trailer was already in the shop on jacks.

Ray LeTourneau

If your appointment is at 7.............. Mine was also at 7. By 7 the trailer was already in the shop on jacks.
That's zactly why I was thinking of spending the night in their lot. I'd even consider a motel Monday night if it would help them out and maybe get a head start. We'll play it by ear. It's still a long way off.

porthole

Retired
Ray - why?
Aren't you bringing your hotel with you? Current $4+ a gallon doesn't have you rethinking cost savings along the way?

I can tell you that when they are finished for the day - whatever time it is, it is time to sit down and kick back with liquid refreshments - and it ain't kool aid.
They don't seem to concerned with getting the next job in and having it ready to go. And that includes the owner

They know how long the jobs take and schedule them accordingly. MOR/Ryde was the same way.

I know a lot of doctors that could heed some practices with the way work gets scheduled and performed out there in Elky area.

Ray LeTourneau

Ray - why?
Aren't you bringing your hotel with you? Current $4+ a gallon doesn't have you rethinking cost savings along the way?
I guess I'm setting spoiled in the last few years. I'm not real excited about getting up and out of bed too early these days. Oh, I can do it if I have to but lately I like to just "snuggle in" if ya get my drift. ;)
$4+ fuel is a bummer but if we wanna play, we gotta pay. Sadly...:(

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
The appts of the week of the rally filled up very fast! Glad I called cuz I felt lucky to get a time on the 10th at 8am! Which means we will see lots of the Goshen area!
We'll be sitting in our chairs waving and toasting all the rigs coming in later!!!
Anyone else going to be there that early?

mnkamper

Wow Jim..... thanks for coordinating the rally promos! We've been waiting for the Hydraulic Landing Gear and will be getting some others as well!
I'll check the drally roster.... hadn't done that before I posted so thanks for the suggestion!
Glad we're not the only ones there early.... we'll have a pre-rally party!!!!

jbeletti

Tom,

Pre-rally party to me is workers coming by to help get things ready :) I do have a margarita machine :)

But seriously - yes, a bunch of us should get together for eats and such.

Jim

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Question for someone;
I'm thinking of upgrading to 8k axles. If I take Lippert up on their offer for the rally, am I going to void my warranty? My BH came with Dexter 7k's.

Okay...........Since Ray is the only one with an opinion on this, I guess I will keep the 7k Dexters.
I would like to get a wet bolt kit and the self adjusting brakes , but if I understood Jarod correctly, he said it was all Lippert or nothing. He would not work around another mfgrs. suspension products to add upgrades ie; wet bolts, brakes etc.

Dexter self adjusting brakes are $200 per wheel vs the rally price of $30 per wheel from Lippert.

mnkamper

Hi Jim,
Kathy and I make good workerbees! We can only imagine how much work the rally takes to plan, coordinate and do before the rally starts. We originally hadn't planned on being there quite as early as we are....but since we will be there so early, we'll do whatever we can!
(that Margarita machine sounds good though)

ATLJOHN

We have our appointment for the installaton of the Level Up system and wet bolts on Tue after the rally. Motel may not be such a bad idea for the night before. The only problem we have is if there is a kenel close by we can board our dog and cat for the night. Has anyone have a recommendation for a kennel in the area.
I cant wait to get the Level up system so tired of the yellow blocks.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

ATLJohn, the Red Roof Inn in Elkhart will allow pets in the motel. It's very popular with RV transport drivers and others having work done at various factories.

ultrafarmer

I looked on Lippards web site and I did not see any wet bolts, where can I buy them.

timbuktu

This may be a stupid question, but can anyone explain what the wet bolt kit is and why is it better? Is this already on new (2011) units or is this something I should consider installing? Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
This may be a stupid question, but can anyone explain what the wet bolt kit is and why is it better? Is this already on new (2011) units or is this something I should consider installing? Thanks!
No stupid questions. If you don't know, ask.
The wet bolts are a special hollow bolt with a Zerk fitting. There is a hole in the side of the bolt to allow grease to get to the bushings on the suspension. The rigs we buy do not have that system on them. What they come with is a standard suspension bolt and nylon bushings. The wet bolt kit has the new bolts, bronze bushings and new shackles. The OEM bushings wear out and nobody inspects them so it is unknown if there is any other wear damage.
Not everyone puts them on, but I think it's a good idea. I put em on my current rig when it was two weeks old.

Peace
Dave