"Backin up" Signals........PLEASE HELP MY BLOOD PRESSURE!!!!!

jpajax

I have found that using cell phone with blue tooth headsets works better than hand held radios. That leaves hands and arms free for directions or gestures.:eek: Just make sure you have a good signal

irvin56

My easiest and best way. I have a walk into site with Gail or whoever is with me. ( I have also asked another camper to help also when I'm by myself) I survey site as to where I want the back corner of trailer (drivers side). I have gail or whomever stand there. I tell them don't move until corner or trailer hits you( not really move at last minute).
I then manover trailer to that location. No signalling me or nothing. at night I use a flashlight laying on ground at the corner as above. no hassles, fights or arguments. been doing this for 30+ yrs. when in position I then get out and adjust myself it site if needed. I use this method regardless of which way I back in. Some cases it's an" X "at spot and she watchs back of trailer untill I get it on the site then she goes to stand at the X. Passengers side back-in, I have moved my mirror a bit to see tires of trailer for backing .
last thing you need is an argument about way to park or not listening to me, when you first hit the cg's.

Wharton

My DW and I have a routine that seems to work for us. However, it is impossible to see the person in the mirrors at all times. Just the angle of the truck vs. the trailer makes it impossible if you also want the person to being watching for "things that go bump". It took me years to understand this, I always want to see her but she argued she couldn't be in multiple places at once.

One day when she was backing in(for some reason she can only do this if she is looking back at the trailer, not in the mirrors) she decided to stop each time she lost sight of me. We sure didn't go anyplace fast with all the stops.

We use radios which work so-so, hand signals seem to work better. Also stopping, pulling forward and starting again works really well.

Biggest thing it to agree where you want to park the rig. We discuss this first so we are on the same page. It has taken me a while to learn to park the Heartland BH 3670. It is 2 feet longer than our previous trailer but the swing is totally different. Still have problems at the beginning of a trip but after a week or so all is fine. This will resolve itself as we take more trips.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!

SLMayor..........I Love my wife......behind the wheel, I DONT THINK SO!!!!;) Getting her there would be the biggest challenge!!

BC....oh, I have searched, read and reread.....just looking for "fresh" ideas and everyones suggestions/tip are awesome!

Jim, no tellin what Terry has planned for me at the Rally.....so if I get a 3 on the scoring I will be happy :eek:

I think the best "suggestion" was the "adult beverage" angle......we do not partake, but I think this just might be worth a trip to the store!!!

THANKS ALL for the responses......gotta go PRACTICE NOW!!!!
(after that I might NEED the "adult beverage"!!)

Lance
Hey Lance,don't worry.Since this is your first rally,we will give you a break.No score cards this time.Now,get out there and practice!

lduguay

Hey Lance,don't worry.Since this is your first rally,we will give you a break.No score cards this time.Now,get out there and practice!

And I was hoping to surprise everyone with my "spectacular" backing up skills that were recently acquired with ALLLLLLLL my practicing!! And after all, it would be a shame to take the title from Pete F :rolleyes:.......looking at the attendee list for 4 Paws, it looks like Pete won't be there to defend his "backin up" title!! I was hoping to have a practice buddy!! :cool:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not pushing a product or anything, but we just purchased a set of "RV Headsets". Anyone use them? We tried them out in Tampa when we picked up our rig. Have not used them yet. Michael

trdeal

And I was hoping to surprise everyone with my "spectacular" backing up skills that were recently acquired with ALLLLLLLL my practicing!! And after all, it would be a shame to take the title from Pete F :rolleyes:.......looking at the attendee list for 4 Paws, it looks like Pete won't be there to defend his "backin up" title!! I was hoping to have a practice buddy!! :cool:
Lance,it is never to late to throw the ole score cards in the back seat of my truck.You could be the last ones to arrive and have a big crowd watching you.We can all set our chairs up around your campsite and score the whole process,start to finish.

lduguay

Sooooooo, I am thinkin.......just maybe, I can sneak into 4 Paws quietly, get backed in before the "scoring judges" notice my new paint job :rolleyes:
camocamper.jpg