Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "Backin up" Signals........PLEASE HELP MY BLOOD PRESSURE!!!!!

1. Print this Post   #21

Re: "Backin up" Signals........PLEASE HELP MY BLOOD PRESSURE!!!!!

I have found that using cell phone with blue tooth headsets works better than hand held radios. That leaves hands and arms free for directions or gestures. Just make sure you have a good signal
    Jim & Pat 2010 3410re Bighorn
    2003, Patriot Blue, Quad Cab, SB, SRW, SO, 48 RE Transmission, 373 Gear, Stock Wheels, Tires and Exhaust. (Mods) Tone Ring, Edge Juice/Monitor, Silencer Ring Removed, High Volume Filter, 4" Hole In Bottom Of Air Box, Torque Tube Baffle Removed, Dave's Tank Vent, Mystery Switch D.G tc, Trans Go shift kit and trans. gauge.

2. Print this Post   #22

My easiest and best way. I have a walk into site with Gail or whoever is with me. ( I have also asked another camper to help also when I'm by myself) I survey site as to where I want the back corner of trailer (drivers side). I have gail or whomever stand there. I tell them don't move until corner or trailer hits you( not really move at last minute).
    I then manover trailer to that location. No signalling me or nothing. at night I use a flashlight laying on ground at the corner as above. no hassles, fights or arguments. been doing this for 30+ yrs. when in position I then get out and adjust myself it site if needed. I use this method regardless of which way I back in. Some cases it's an" X "at spot and she watchs back of trailer untill I get it on the site then she goes to stand at the X. Passengers side back-in, I have moved my mirror a bit to see tires of trailer for backing .
    last thing you need is an argument about way to park or not listening to me, when you first hit the cg's.
    Northtrail 31QBS #0648
    Calgary, alta, Canada
    2000 silverado ext cab.
    Irvin Fike

3. Print this Post   #23

My DW and I have a routine that seems to work for us. However, it is impossible to see the person in the mirrors at all times. Just the angle of the truck vs. the trailer makes it impossible if you also want the person to being watching for "things that go bump". It took me years to understand this, I always want to see her but she argued she couldn't be in multiple places at once.

One day when she was backing in(for some reason she can only do this if she is looking back at the trailer, not in the mirrors) she decided to stop each time she lost sight of me. We sure didn't go anyplace fast with all the stops.

We use radios which work so-so, hand signals seem to work better. Also stopping, pulling forward and starting again works really well.

Biggest thing it to agree where you want to park the rig. We discuss this first so we are on the same page. It has taken me a while to learn to park the Heartland BH 3670. It is 2 feet longer than our previous trailer but the swing is totally different. Still have problems at the beginning of a trip but after a week or so all is fine. This will resolve itself as we take more trips.
    Sue and Tom Wharton
    Hoover and Patches(Cats)
    2011 BH3670
    2001 International MDT Stalick Conversion
    Life Time Escapee

4. Print this Post   #24
    Past North Carolina Chapter Leader trdeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lduguay View Post
    I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!!

SLMayor..........I Love my wife......behind the wheel, I DONT THINK SO!!!! Getting her there would be the biggest challenge!!

BC....oh, I have searched, read and reread.....just looking for "fresh" ideas and everyones suggestions/tip are awesome!

Jim, no tellin what Terry has planned for me at the Rally.....so if I get a 3 on the scoring I will be happy

I think the best "suggestion" was the "adult beverage" angle......we do not partake, but I think this just might be worth a trip to the store!!!

THANKS ALL for the responses......gotta go PRACTICE NOW!!!!
    (after that I might NEED the "adult beverage"!!)

Lance
    Hey Lance,don't worry.Since this is your first rally,we will give you a break.No score cards this time.Now,get out there and practice!

Terry and Beautiful wife Renee, HOC# 1305, 2017 F450,Lariat 6.7 Power Stroke Diesel, 4.30 limited slip axle,Torqshift 6 spd.auto trans.tow command system ,trailer brake controller,4x4,Crew Cab Dually,Reese 20K Hitch,5th Airborne Pin Box 2005 "Classic"Landmark,Mt. Rushmore #134

GO
    COASTAL!

5. Print this Post   #25
    Past North Carolina Chapter Leader lduguay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trdeal View Post
    Hey Lance,don't worry.Since this is your first rally,we will give you a break.No score cards this time.Now,get out there and practice!
    And I was hoping to surprise everyone with my "spectacular" backing up skills that were recently acquired with ALLLLLLLL my practicing!! And after all, it would be a shame to take the title from Pete F .......looking at the attendee list for 4 Paws, it looks like Pete won't be there to defend his "backin up" title!! I was hoping to have a practice buddy!!
    Lance & Kem Duguay
    Waxhaw, NC
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 CC D/A with Firestone Ride Rite
    Curt Q5, Prodigy P3, RDS 60 Gal Combo, and TST 507RV TPMS
    2011 Big Country 3250TS, 2010-2013
    2014 Big Country 3650RL
    TITAN Disc Brakes added 2016...we can STOP!!!
    HOC Member #1850

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

6. Print this Post   #26
    Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired 2psnapod2's Avatar

Not pushing a product or anything, but we just purchased a set of "RV Headsets". Anyone use them? We tried them out in Tampa when we picked up our rig. Have not used them yet. Michael
    Michael and (Kelly) Barnett
    San Antonio TX
    HOC @1817
    2010 Ford F350 6.4 liter Lariat Dually FX4

2011 Inaugural MS/AL Rally- Newsite, MS
    2012 GA Rally- Elko, GA
    2012 Spring MS/AL Rally- Gulf Shore, AL

Follow us on our adventures!!! Our Blog Website is http://rvthereyetchronicles.wordpress.com/

7. Print this Post   #27
    Past North Carolina Chapter Leader trdeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lduguay View Post
    And I was hoping to surprise everyone with my "spectacular" backing up skills that were recently acquired with ALLLLLLLL my practicing!! And after all, it would be a shame to take the title from Pete F .......looking at the attendee list for 4 Paws, it looks like Pete won't be there to defend his "backin up" title!! I was hoping to have a practice buddy!!
    Lance,it is never to late to throw the ole score cards in the back seat of my truck.You could be the last ones to arrive and have a big crowd watching you.We can all set our chairs up around your campsite and score the whole process,start to finish.

Terry and Beautiful wife Renee, HOC# 1305, 2017 F450,Lariat 6.7 Power Stroke Diesel, 4.30 limited slip axle,Torqshift 6 spd.auto trans.tow command system ,trailer brake controller,4x4,Crew Cab Dually,Reese 20K Hitch,5th Airborne Pin Box 2005 "Classic"Landmark,Mt. Rushmore #134

GO
    COASTAL!

8. Print this Post   #28
    Past North Carolina Chapter Leader lduguay's Avatar

Sooooooo, I am thinkin.......just maybe, I can sneak into 4 Paws quietly, get backed in before the "scoring judges" notice my new paint job
    camocamper.jpg
    Lance & Kem Duguay
    Waxhaw, NC
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 CC D/A with Firestone Ride Rite
    Curt Q5, Prodigy P3, RDS 60 Gal Combo, and TST 507RV TPMS
    2011 Big Country 3250TS, 2010-2013
    2014 Big Country 3650RL
    TITAN Disc Brakes added 2016...we can STOP!!!
    HOC Member #1850

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3