new 3055RL

vesteroid

well the saga continues. We have moved from a pop up, to a jayco ultralite to this in a matter of a few years.

I am pretty sure the local dealers love me.

Not sure how the wife feels about me :)

Anyway, I know she loves this new unit. We were torn between a jayco eagle (which was a foot longer) and this one, but she finally decided on this one.

I love the underside storage and the king size bed, she loves the kitchen.

I would have liked to see the bathroom seperated from the bedroom, but hey I wanted a shorter trailer for getting into state parks.

Funny thing is we bought this at a show and paid 5K more than the jayco, so she must really like it :)

We pick it up next friday, so looking forward to our first weekout out next week.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Vesteroid, welcome to the forum and Heartland family. You will love the 3055. It is a very popular model that has been in the lineup for a long time. That is impressive.
Bet you cant wait till Friday.
Enjoy it.

Peace
Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". We also moved up from tent camping to a small 5er to a larger one. Enjoy and travel safely.

Razduck

Congrats and welcome to the Heartland Family.
The BH that you bought is very similar in floor plan to our 2011 Big Country 3355RL. Ours is slightly longer (2') and has a storage closet (for a Washer & Dryer) in the bathroom area, and a queen bed instead of King Bed. Otherwise the floor plans are nearly identical. We just brought ours home and have yet to take our Maiden Voyage.

Gaffer

Wellcome to the Heartland family. We love our 3055. It is our first RV. There is nothilng short about it. Measuring over 35' it can be a challange at many state parks. We just have to do our homework when deciding where to camp. See you in Yreka! Probably in Sparks too. If not at the Regional Rally then maybe in August when we come dodwn for Hot August Nights.

vesteroid

Heya Gaffer, I meant shorter than the jayco we were looking at.

Odd thing is I went and measured my tag along trailer from the back to the truck bumper and it was 34 feet. The 3055 is 34 feet but at least thats up to the rear axle so overall its shorter than what I had. and I suspect it will turn better.

I am probably not going to be in sparks. I just cant see spending july 4th down here in the heat, at a campground 10 miles from my house :)

I like the woods and the mountains, so I think we are going to frenchmans lake.

Hope to see you in yreka however. Thats "kinda" in the mountains.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
vesteroid,, I totally agree. We spend the 4th up at Tahoe. Been doing it for 15 years. Can watch four different fireworks displays from one spot at south shore.
Congrats on the new Bighorn, we've not had any major issue with our Sundance.
Happy Camping