Tires Seminar ?

Will tires be represented at the Goshen rally? We are specifically looking to replace our 2009 38RL Big Horn fifth wheel tires-+/-40,000 miles on them. After the spring schackels were replaced one year ago, there has been little evidence of tire wear.

Wharton

Tires on RVs generally don't wear out, they just age. Most people replace their tires every 5-6 years due to age. We ordered our BH with Goodyear G614s as we have had them in the past and had no problems. We didn't want to risk using the China bombs. In 5-6 years we will replace them no matter how much or how little wear since tires experience dry rot that you really can't see. When a tire blows on and RV a lot of damage can be done, better to be safe than sorry.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Corky, there may be a seminar on tires at the rally but I don't think there will be any tire dealers offering specials. You might be wise to shop around locally for the best deal.

traveler44

Boy! Thats alot of miles. You must have gone to Alaska a couple of times? Hope you had time to take pictures. Tom M.

porthole

Retired
Here is a place to look for tires on the way to Goshen http://www.trailertiresandwheels.com/site/1284278/product/RG614 Looks like about $248 ea.

This is where I bought my wheels on tires on the way home from Elkhart. Excellent service and a decent price (also the lowest of the two main dealers out in that area).

The owner waited a little over two hours after closing for me to show up with a failing tire. Had my new set mounted and and ready to install when I got there.

Wharton

I didn't realize they were an actual physical store that installed the tires also. I thought they were an internet store, mail order only. Are they at the address that is on their website???