Options Dicussed Here vs. Options Discussed at Dealer

Speedy

After lurking here for many months researching the purchase of our first 5er; I have noticed that there are many options, choices or changes that are discussed on the forum but have never been brought up as something that could be added or deleted from an ordered coach.

Sitting down with the dealer to price out our 3670RL he uses a standard Heartland price order sheet, fills in the items we want and comes up with a total. Seems simple enough but I have read on this forum that many people have made changes to their ordered coach; from LED/Halogen lighting to 7K axles to Goodyear 614 tires. Nowhere and at no time have my wife and I been given the opportunity make those kind of changes.

Does one have to twist the dealers’ arm to suggest such things or should I just make a list from item listed by forum members and have the dealer figure out cost and availability?

K

karykatz

John and Rana,

We are glad you are getting close to becoming part of the family. In regards to the tires and upgraded axels, these are non published items that we will do at the factory. If your delaer isn't sure, please heve them contact thier Bighorn sales rep and they will provide with them with the upgrade information. LED lighting is something that has been done after the fact and not by the factory.

I hope this helps.

FARMER45

We found there are a lot of things they will add if you just ask, landmark facia boards on the slides, fatasic fan in bathroom, goodyear tires, delete lounge chaires, lazyboys are better, add the level up system, put shelves in desk area and add doors
all this is at a price, but they make it the way you want it if they can
we shopped at several places, i found a lot of salesmen and some of the dealers are cluless about things you can order, and about some things that are already on all the trailers.
They can call heartland to see if they will do what you want and find the cost

hillsonwheels

Sorta makes you wonder why they're called salesmen if they don't have enough sense to call the manufacturer and ask whether or not something can be done? If it were my job, I'd be best friends with the factory rep! A sale could be lost for the lack of one phone call!

Dick

Westwind

Don't know why is it so difficult to publish these unpublished options, not everyone buying a Heartland product knows of or uses a computer or spends hours searching through posts on this website looking for unpublished options. I bought our Bighorn off the lot so I couldn't benefit from the change of the tires on the fifthwheel if I had the ability or opportunity I would have.

Wharton

My dealer had an additional list of non-published options he knew about. Also, I think the forum in some thread 1-2 years ago had a list going. Tires, axles, G614, extra coax lines, water tank heaters, Fantastic fan, bigger brakes, never-lube axles etc. are those I remember. I remember some people had additional items I wish I had known about, not critical though.

On option I wish we had ordered was a slide out drawer(like on the Landmark) for the batteries. The BH came with 2 batteries, one in the regular cubbie and one in the front storage compartment. Happy they come with 2 batteries but would like the slide out drawer. I guess we are excused from this one though. We had never seen a Landmark and didn't know the BH came with 2 batteries.............