Boon Docking with new "Big Country"

DaleR

“Hi Group”
Thought I would jump in here and tell you of our first camping trip with the new “Big Country” 3075RL. Did some boon docking down by S22 and Hwy86, Salton Sea CA. area. It’s just a sandy/rocky wash, no roads just paths made by 4 wheelers, put the chevy in creep and worked our way in to the camp site. Set up camp, popped out the 3 slides, turned the recliners around so we could look out the picture window. Had view of the Salton Sea, and watched the world go by, with all of comforts of home. (3/22)

We left Monday 3/26 and saw a Big Horn on hwy 86 heading south. We had just left the Mecca Travel Center heading north, was about 10:30am. Might have been uncle Rog??

Packer

jbeletti

I sure am jealous of you guys in warmer climates that are out and about with your RVs already. We had a few nice days in Chicago already this spring but I am afraid that we'll have a wet and cool April. Hope I'm wrong.

Jim

jbeletti

Camp for Free at Wisconsin Dells, WI KOA - May 4-5, 2007

Hey, Heartlanders out there between Madison and Chicago?

Each year, the Wisconsin Dells, WI KOA has a Spring Cleanup weekend where they invite you to come lend them a hand and for that, you camp free. Two adults, 2 rakes, 2 hours for 2 nights free. We've done it for a couple years running now.

For us, it's a good way to get a little exercise and a great opportunity up this way for us to do our first camping of the year. Gives us a chance to do some Spring cleaning, a few trailer mods and start stocking the pantry etc. for the season.

Email or PM me through the forum if you want to join us.

Jim