3812 Lemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabyrnes

About 18 months ago I bought a 3812. It is a lemon. The fridge has NEVER worked. It keeps beer cool, but I would not put perishables in it. The TV has NEVER worked - EVER. To date, it has yet to capture a single channel. ALL of the cupboard doors FELL APART. The countertop cracked and has to be replaced. Lightbulbs constantly burn out. Well, the ones that came with it. We were missing some on delivery. Generally there are wiring glitches throughout this unit, some of which have been found and corrected. Basically, I wish I had never heard of Heartland. We no longer camp in our trailer because it is not fun. If I can stop someone else from making our expensive mistake by posting this I suppose I will be somewhat happier. What a piece of junk!

truknutt

Committed Member
Don't want to start a ****in' contest but if your reefer and television have NEVER worked then why weren't these issues identified and correct at the PDI? Why haven't they been replaced by warranty? Missing lightbulbs should have been caught at the dealership upon receipt; did you and the dealer perform any type of PDI?

With all disgruntled owners of anything, there seems to always be the ever popular "and now, the rest of the story".

Wharton

Why hasn't he contacted Heartland? Something is very wrong here to come to the Forum after 18 months.......................

mabyrnes

We have taken the trailer to the dealer and had most of the issues dealt with. But they always re-ocurr and then, on top of everything else, new ones pop up. The TV has been "fixed" several times. Same with the fridge. New cupboard doors have yet to be delivered, although we are told they are coming. Same with the countertop. We get new lightbulbs whenever we need them. We are just at the point where we are fed up.

jbeletti

This thread is being closed per forum rules as a terms of use violation. While Mr. Byrnes situation is most unfortunate, conducting an anti-Heartland campaign on the Heartland Owners Forum is not going to be allowed. Mr. Brynes has been notified of same.

Jim Beletti
Admin

Campaign words/statements:
- 3812 Lemon
- If I can stop someone else from making our expensive mistake by posting this I suppose I will be somewhat happier.
- What a piece of junk!

Status
Not open for further replies.