303 on Fiberglass

pegmikef

After reading about 303 on this forum I bought a gallon for maintaining all the vinyl, rubber, decals, roof, etc on the TT. The bottle had a statement on it regarding chalking or greying on fiberglass, so just for kicks I tried it on my 21 year old faded boat. Wow, what a difference it made as can be seen in the pix. Note on the one near the bottom of the hull you can see the before and after. It now looks as good as it did 15 years ago!

Attachments

• 100_2479.jpg
    100_2479.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_2482.jpg
    100_2482.jpg
    544.7 KB · Views: 123

mesteve

Actually, the slight roughness on a boat hull is adventageous as it breaks up surface tension and creates small air pockets that reduce drag.

rebootsemi

Like the surface of a golf ball, the dimples make them go farther, the boys in Sprint Cup looked and doing a car with dimples, I believe in wind tunnel testing the car had less drag, but the front office put a stop the it in a hurry.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Learn something new everyday. I would have thought something smooth as glass would have less friction and therefore less drag.

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
It looks great, did it make the decals have the same smooth finish or feel as the twenty one year boat did ? and how did it do on the paint?
Mike