Hauling my generator

I have a Honda eu3000i generator and wondering how to carry it. Weighs 134 lbs but I do have a wheel kit. Because of the 5th wheel there is no way to put it in the rear of the pickup bed and very difficult to get it in front of the 5th wheel hitch. I don't trust the slide out rear bumper on the 5ver due to the weight. I've thought about a front bumper receiver on the truck or trying to see if it would work between the 5ver and the truck on the rear bumper.

How do you guys carry your large generator?

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
I put my honda eu3000 on a small slide I bought from tweety.com about $70.00 I mounted it by the universal docking center. I have a 3055rl. easy to do, I had to put some 4x4 spacers under the slide rails to clear the opening lip. takes only a few hours. this is my solutioni It is a heavy gen. and I know exactly what your talking about. hope this helps. I also put a bagge door holder on the door to keep the door from flapping.

Last edited:
I put my honda eu3000 on a small slide I bought from tweety.com about $70.00 I mounted it by the universal docking center. I have a 3055rl. easy to do, I had to put some 4x4 spacers under the slide rails to clear the opening lip. takes only a few hours. this is my solutioni It is a heavy gen. and I know exactly what your talking about. hope this helps. I also put a bagge door holder on the door to keep the door from flapping.

Not sure what you mean by "universal docking center"??
I thought about removing the 5ver rear bumper and making my own carrier for the generator and whatever else I need.

jnbhobe

I have double hitch one on each frame rail with a 2ft by 6ft rack on the back I carry my 3K Honda on been there for 3yr works great.

Paul_in_MN

I have the same model generator, and an 8 ft box on the F350. So it goes right behind the cab, is locked in with a good stout cable lock, and covered by the tonneau cover. When towing, the cover must be rolled up at the front of the PU box, but I cover the generator and keep it out of sight when the truck is unhooked from the trailer. When I run the generator, I have to pull it back away from the back of the cab and shield the rolled up tonneau cover from the hot exhaust. But my cable lock has enough slack that is easy to do. I do wish the Eagle Ridge had an electrical input port at the front of the trailer body. Currently I have to run a HD #10 extension cord to the back of the trailer, use an adaptor and then plug into the 50 amp cord. I am concerned about the possibility of the 50 amp cord being stolen, and then I have no way to power the trailer.

Paul_in_MN