2011 "Heartland Give Back" (Goshen Rally)

hcriddle

Good day all,

For everyone attending the Heartland International Rally in Goshen in a couple of weeks I want to remind you of the opportunity to give back. One of the things I have noticed most about Heartland owners is their generosity and willingness to share with others.

Here is another chance to get in. We will be working with a local food bank to donate canned goods to help out those in need. We have, I think, 224 rigs at last count. If we could get just a little over 3 items per rig we could donate 700 items to the food bank.

Last year they gave 500 with far fewer rigs present at that rally. Let's keep it going!

We will have people coming around to collect items and we will have collection boxes for you to place items in. Please help us help others and let the Goshen area know that we care.

See ya in Goshen!!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Re: Heartland Owners Give Back

Putting the "Heart" in Heartland - It's what we do best! 700 items should be a piece of cake for this crowd!

hcriddle

I agree! I have even been racking my brain with the math and 4 per rig is 900 and now we are getting close to 1000! And if each PERSON gave 3 items that would be ... ? Ok, now I have a headache.

hcriddle

Here are some thoughts as you prepare your list. These are the items that the food banks are desperately needing.

Canned Fish and Meat
Canned Vegetables and Fruit
Cereal and Oatmeal
Cooking Oil
Dry Pasta and Sauce (plastic jar)
Fruit Jelly
Juice (boxes or cans)
Dried Beans
Macaroni and Cheese
Mayonnaise
Meat helper boxed mixes
Pancake/Waffle Mix
Peanut Butter
Rice
Nutritional Snacks
Soup
Baby Diapers, Food and Formula
Personal Care Items (shampoo, bar soap, deodorant)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

We would love to help the cause - count us in on the donations. If ya need a couple of extra set of hands, let us know - we got them too.

jbeletti

I agree! I have even been racking my brain with the math and 4 per rig is 900 and now we are getting close to 1000! And if each PERSON gave 3 items that would be ... ? Ok, now I have a headache.

We did 600 pieces last year in Nashville with 119 rigs. Now with 223, we can hit 1000, I know we can. Come on Heartlanders, lets do right by Elkhart county :)

hcriddle

I spoke with the Church Community Services food bank today and they are thrilled at the prospects of the help from Heartland Owners. This is a food bank that serves about 2000 families per month in the Elkhart County area. They not only provide a food bank but also deliver food to shut ins and most importantly they provide training and education to help these folks get on their feet and provide for themselves.

Nathan, we have a pretty full schedule at the Rally each day but we might hit you up to help with sorting and boxing stuff for transport to the food bank. Thanks for the offer.

I believe we can blow last year out of the water and the food bank coordinator was shocked at what Heartland owners did in Nashville last year! Let's go "HEART" land, let's show 'em what we are made of.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Not a problem and glad to help.

dieselsweetheart

It's amazing how people are always willing to roll up their sleeves to help others.... I think the happy feeling we get is like getting an endorphin rush! I have set a goal of 50 blankets and am excited to see just how many we actually get....I have 10 with me right now...and that's just from me and my co-workers and sister in law!! I have a nice collection of baby food too for the shelter....

Putting the HEART in Heartland.... WE ARE... HEARTLAND!!!

hcriddle

Here are a couple more suggestions for those of you who will be helping us put the "Heart" in Heartland. I will be picking up collection barrels for the rally hall tomorrow and getting boxes to sort and pack for delivery to the food bank. Thanks to all who have volunteered to help. I will get with you when you arrive to let you know how this is all going to work. What a great group of people Heartlanders are!

• Spaghetti sauce and pasta
  • Crackers
  • Hamburger and Tuna Helper

dieselsweetheart

Deb ya we can make it like the Penn State cry..... WE ARE....HEARTLAND!! Sounds like a new rally sound..... WE ARE!

hcriddle

I just want to let everyone know how glad I am to be part of a group like the Heartland Owners. 1283 food items were donated over a 4 day period of time by Heartland owners. I got a call from the food pantry director today and she told me that we donated over 1100lbs of food and she was floored! She said she could not thank us enough and they were so grateful for the donation. She wanted everyone to know that the food would help hundreds of families in the Elkhart county area.

Thank you so much to all who gave so freely and to Jim and Cheryl and Dave and Nona who made the rounds collecting food and counting, sorting and packing. You guys were wonderful! It was a joy to work with you and I am looking forward to doin it all over again next year.

Also Heartlanders so forget to collect those can tabs for the Ronald MacDonald house next year. That will be a great need we can meet by collecting those tabs through the year. If you can't make it to Gillette, collect your tabs and give them to someone from your area who is going. Start saving now for next year and let's make a big impact on the community in Gillette.

There is a huge "HEART" in Heartland Owners!!!

dieselsweetheart

Thanks for the follow-up Buddy and Maureen...1100 pounds! Wow! I knew some of those boxes had to weigh at least 75 lbs...and we had many boxes!

You will have to come and do a blessing for my Babies Wrapped in Love project next time in Goshen...could barely make it through the one I was trying to give....way too overwhelming over the amount of support I had for that project.

We're setting the bar pretty high...but think of all the families we helped in just 4 days. I am amazed at the outpouring of love from the Heartland family.

"WE ARE....'HEART'LAND!"