Rally Change of Plans

Manzan

Everybody forgotten about ThunderBird? Or was that a NW exclusive. A favorite of some of my college friends when they could not afford something drinkable. Y'all are making me wish we lived closer.
Hope all the gun shots driving the ticks the other direction. Provided they are herd-able.

porthole

Retired
[FONT=tahoma,arial,verdana,geneva,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=tahoma,arial,verdana,geneva,helvetica,sans-serif]Night Train Express :cool:

Now there is some fine wine!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There were several occasions in another life where I used to mix MD2020 with Peppermint Schnapps. It was a 50/50 mix. Like I said, in another life. Also, in that life, I was known to put away a couple bottles of Schnapps at parties. Ask Lin, she'll remember.:eek:

GOTTOYS

Or if times really get tough..you could do some Squeeze. Canned Sterno squeezed through a loaf of white bread. Collect the liquid and let the good times roll! Waaay better than plain old rubbing alcohol or mouthwash....Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Or if times really get tough..you could do some Squeeze. Canned Sterno squeezed through a loaf of white bread. Collect the liquid and let the good times roll! Waaay better than plain old rubbing alcohol or mouthwash....Don

It's beginning to sound like this rally is really a meeting of Lushs Anonymous. I wonder if Jim B has arranged a vendor to provide liver transplants at the end of the rally.

GOTTOYS

It's beginning to sound like this rally is really a meeting of Lushs Anonymous. I wonder if Jim B has arranged a vendor to provide liver transplants at the end of the rally.
The truth in all this is that I managed a liquor store back in my younger days in a not so good part of town. Saw a lot of these poor souls come and go. I rarely have one or two beers at the most. Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thank God we're talking about the old days. Like GOTTOYS, I might have a beer or 2 on a warm day. Maybe 1 mixer while grilling dinner. I still have fun when I want to but I remember it the next morning now...

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hey - don't want to change the subject from the finer taste-ah drinks-of the rally but can someone who is already at the campgrounds answer a question for me. Do the sites have picnic tables? Thanks
B--

SmokeyBare

There were no picnic tables at the Fair Ground Campgrounds.
Many folks take along a folding plastic table and of course your favorite folding chair.
For the Potluck dinner, its held inside one of the building and uses tables & chairs.

Marv

porthole

Retired
There were no picnic tables at the Fair Ground Campgrounds.
Many folks take along a folding plastic table and of course your favorite folding chair.
For the Potluck dinner, its held inside one of the building and uses tables & chairs.

Marv

Well that certainly is another good one to know. Maybe there should be a separate thread for rally venue specifics. Such as this tidbit to bring along a table and the hook info about having your connections reach to the center rear of the trailer plus 6 feet.

This is helpful info since most of the rally goers are staying for longer then the typical Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What's the big deal about no picnic tables?? Just sit on the ground with your food. That way the insects won't be able to file a grievance for having to climb up to get it. :D

But now that I know, I'll be sure to bring our two little folding plastic side tables. We also have an aluminum roll up that's fairly sturdy. Had two, but Dar absconded with one for her craft room. It might get re-absconded.

The info on the hook-ups was put out some time ago. Musta been since I bought additional sewer hose just for it and a 50 foot water line.

Could be worse. Sleeping bags in a leaky tent on limestone rocks comes to mind (Drummond Island, MI, in our early days). Using the pit toilet was like a blood drive with all the black flies hanging out in there.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks everyone for responding about the tables. Right now everything that was in the BC 3250 is either in the spare bedroom or in Nathan's workshop. The new BC is at the dealership but we can't pick it up til Wednesday afternoon or Thursday. Trying to decide what is the bare essentials to pack is important since we were schedule to leave on Friday. Very tight schedule - what's life without a couple of challenges!
B--

Moose

Everybody forgotten about ThunderBird? Or was that a NW exclusive. A favorite of some of my college friends when they could not afford something drinkable. Y'all are making me wish we lived closer.
Hope all the gun shots driving the ticks the other direction. Provided they are herd-able.

Ahhh a true connoisseur. My favourite on the right. We used to drive down from Calgary into Montana just for the T-Bird!

nighttrainnthunderbird.gif