Rally Change of Plans

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
After some discussion, we've decided to try and get our site for Tuesday, rather than Wednesday. Unfortunately, this decision came late in the day after some grilled salmon and a bottle of wine, so I'll have to wait until morning to see if we can confirm it all. For those who may know me (not many), you're probably saying, "Oh (expletive) we may have to endure him for an extra day."

Bobby A

Come on down, we are hear NOW and the campgrounds is quiet, well kinda, except for the trains, we are getting use to it now. A few Heartland family members are hear like us getting work done at near by Lippert. Safe travels, and yes, I know you guys, we met for lunch last summer up north remember ?? Have safe travels,

Bobby A

JohnDar

Come on down, we are hear NOW and the campgrounds is quiet, well kinda, except for the trains, we are getting use to it now. A few Heartland family members are hear like us getting work done at near by Lippert. Safe travels, and yes, I know you guys, we met for lunch last summer up north remember ?? Have safe travels,

Bobby A

Of course we remember you, Bobby. Looking forward to seeing you and Ray LeTourneau again, along with meeting a lot of new faces. We're kind of in a quandary, what with having a seasonal site, the pontoon in the marina, and all, but we're coming. **** the diesel prices! No sense putting a smile on some nephew's face when we keel over, we're spending it on ourselves.

JohnDar

Are you bringing more salmon to grill?

It's store-bought, but talk nice to me and maybe I will :D. I like to marinate it all day in a concoction I found in a grilling cookbook. Watch out for the wife, though, she'll kill to get her fair share of it.

As for the wine, if you're going to the Michigan Chapter Rally, the Chateau Grand Traverse winery (www.cgtwinery.com) is in that area. Try the Red Select. Yummm. It's also available in most supermarkets.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I can bring some Mad Dog!

I think we'll be arriving next week Wednesday or Thursday. Not sure if we're going to Elkhart Campground or the fairgrounds so I'll have to call both.

JohnDar

I can bring some Mad Dog!

I think we'll be arriving next week Wednesday or Thursday. Not sure if we're going to Elkhart Campground or the fairgrounds so I'll have to call both.

Mad Dog?? I can see we'll be singing songs and telling tall tales to the wee hours. Good thing we've got name tags, or we'd forget who we are. Maybe we should wear tags with our site numbers on them so the police can pour us out on our steps.

Who's bringing the industrial sized aspirin dispenser??

olcoon

I can tell you guys ain't wine commonsewers. Ripple is the best...Are ya Rippling?

JohnDar

Oh Yeah, Ripple is right up there with Boone's Farm.

Boone's Farm?? Sugar water with ethanol added. My head's pounding already. Maybe I'll just bring an IV stand with a jug of Old GrandDad on it. Poke your own self. Jim B may be banning us already. Anybody over 250 lbs. that goes streaking gets shot on sight.

GOTTOYS

If you guys really knew fine wine you'd be loading up with White Port. 2 qts..... One for each pocket. It costs a little more than a single half gallon but if you fall down you might not break both of them. Wino Insurance..DON

JohnDar

If you guys really knew fine wine you'd be loading up with White Port. 2 qts..... One for each pocket. It costs a little more than a single half gallon but if you fall down you might not break both of them. Wino Insurance..DON

Now we're getting into my early days stationed in Germany. Going to the WineFest's in Bernkastel. Wine was a mark a liter (like 25 cents at the time). A liter in each coat pocket and one in each hand. Good thing I knew where the base bus was parked. I think the vintage was that is was a grape the day before.

WilmanJim

I used to sell my cigarette rations in Germany, which was a $1.10 a carton at the time, in 1966 for $2.00 and that would keep me in wine or Parkbrau Beer for the weekend. If we felt rich we would get a bottle of Champagne and mix it with Ripple and have Champipple. Those were the good old days. LOL

jbeletti

You guys are having fun already, without even being there yet. My plans are changing too. I now plan to roll in sometime late Tuesday afternoon next week. Should be on my rally site 417.

Jim

hcriddle

Sorry JimB. Look what I started and all I wanted was some salmon! (^: But it does bring back lots of memories.

JohnDar

It's Official

We'll be coming in on the 14th instead of the 15th. Just got off the phone with the charming lady at the fairgrounds.

hcriddle

That's what makes it worth hanging out with these folks! Everybody is having a good time. I am so ready for the rally. Looking forward to putting faces with all these names I have been following on the forum for the last 2 years.

olcoon

Got a big dilemma to deal with, and only a week to get it taken care of. A friend of mine & I raise ticks. Yep, those little blood suckers. We raise registered pure-bred Ozark ticks. Anyway our annual round-up is going to take place while we are at the rally. Had a local kid hired to take my place but he's come down with a severe case of acne, and will be confined to bed for an unknown time. It's hard to find someone who will work with our herd. Hopefully I'll find someone soon! Now I'm sure some of you are wondering....he raises ticks! What does he do with them, does he sell them, how do you have a tick round-up? Well, we have at least around 1/2 million ticks (hard to count the little suckers). We sell them to the Swiss & Germans...they put them in watches. After a few years of expirmenting with different methods of rounding them up, we found out that in Australia they have been raising ticks for generations. They found out that the best way to have a gather was to use henways. In case you might ask "What's a henway"....about 10-12 pounds if you feed them right!

Zeke Ferguson
Cole Camp Creek Tick Ranch
Lincoln, MO
Registered Pure Bred Ozark Ticks
We Don't Rent Pigs

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Olcoon, if Ida knowed you was raisin ticks I could got you some good ol northern breeding stock this week. I was up north and had about a hundred of em on the side of the garage waitin for me.
I snuck up on em and put a noose around one to take him to the WoodTick Races but he slipped out of the noose while I was busy shootin at some skeeters.
I hate those creepy things....I had a nightmare last night because of em.
071.gif

Peace
Dave