New 2012 3610RE Tires?

buster1

I just bought a 2012 bighorn 3610re can't wait to get the new rig 10 days or so. Why did they go away from the G rated tire? It has ST235/80 r 16 are these heavy enough or should I get the G rated put on.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Buster, the 3610 should have "G" rated tires. Are you sure yours are not "G" rated? If not, I would get back to your dealer ASAP.

scotty

I just bought a 2012 bighorn 3610re can't wait to get the new rig 10 days or so. Why did they go away from the G rated tire? It has ST235/80 r 16 are these heavy enough or should I get the G rated put on.

:mad:Ditto what Ray said, no good they should be No less than G rated.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
R U sure they are not G rated? Just because they are not Goodyears doesn't mean they are not G rated.

ChopperBill

The factory can put GY's on. Its on the "hidden option" list. Mine were an extra $500. However they forgot to put them on and the dealer had an independent do it. They scratched my wheels. I couldnt even tell it. Independent dealer said they would put new wheels on or credit us $500. No brainer, got he GY's for free!

Ray LeTourneau

They are a ST I have a pic of them not sure brand I will question them on it when I do PDI. thanks
Buster, I'm pretty sure you will receive the trailer with load range "G" tires. I'm guessing they'll be Tow Max.

To be honest, I haven't heard of many issues lately with the factory supplied Chinese tires. A while back there were many problems. If your dealer is willing to give you a super deal on an upgrade to the Goodyear G614, it would be a good move. Otherwise, keep a close eye on your tire pressures (110 psi cold) and a visual inspection for surface defects. Do this every time you travel. It's even a wise move to do this with Goodyears if you upgrade.

K

karykatz

Starting March 24, 2011 all Bighorns (last six of the vin number 236210) have E rated tires. We offer Goodyear G rated tires as unpublished upgrade. I hope this eliminates any confussion.

Ray LeTourneau

Starting March 24, 2011 all Bighorns (last six of the vin number 236210) have E rated tires. We offer Goodyear G rated tires as unpublished upgrade. I hope this eliminates any confussion.
Well Kary, since you've opened the can... This is still on Heartlands website

TIRES & AXLES

• Heavy-Duty E-Rated 16” Tires (G-Rated on 3585, 3670, 3455, 3610)
  • Aluminum Rims
  • Spare Tire
  • E-Z Flex™ Suspension System by Dexter with Quad Shocks - for the Smoothest Ride Around
  • 6,000 lb. Dexter Axles with Easy-Lube™ Hubs
  • (7,000 lb. Axles on 3670, 3455, 3585, 3610)
  • 2 x 12” Nev-R-Adjust Brakes by Dexter
  • Monogrammed ABS Fender Skirts
Now I understand the clause about changes in design, standards and options and making running changes and the like but does a "G" rated tire really have enough capacity for the 16,000# trailer?