Pet steps for crew cab pickup

gjackson

I looked around but couldn't find this topic addressed. We have two small dogs and a GMC Crew Cab Dually that is 26" from the ground to the floorboard. Both dogs have had back issues, so we would like to find some steps they can use for entry and exit. I've been looking at the Pet Loader 4 step folding system, but I'm unsure whether it would fit into the doorway. The back doors do not seem to open very wide and I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions on what kind of steps might work? Thanks for any input you might give us.:confused:

GOTTOYS

We have a big old dog with a bad leg. We use a 1 X 12 with some carpet stapled to it to work as a ramp. We have a longer one for the trailer. Works great and the old girl can get in and out easily...Don

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We have a PetGear brand ramp that we carried for Bear. It's wide and has non-slip stuff. It tri-folds and stores. Bought it off Amazon.com for about $90.00. We are real happy with it.

I had to put Bear to rest yesterday. Not going to sell any of his gear in case we get another dog.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
For us, a step or ramp would be a bit of an inconvenience and take up space somewhere. Our choice is to just lift Suzi into the rear seat where we have a flat floor. Fortunately, I'm strong enough to accomplish this. Suzi is 14 and weighs in at about 65#. She's getting to the point where she really doesn't like to travel in the truck any more.