Rigs and Rides

DonnyB007

Your Pioneer Trailer looks identical to ours. We have a Heartland Trail Runner, it is 29 feet long with tongue extension and a bunk bed in the left corner. We love our trailer anyway, but haven't had it on the road much. How does yours travel behind your truck?

Sean

Your Pioneer Trailer looks identical to ours. We have a Heartland Trail Runner, it is 29 feet long with tongue extension and a bunk bed in the left corner. We love our trailer anyway, but haven't had it on the road much. How does yours travel behind your truck?

It pulls good. I'm using the Reese SC WDH. It has the pads that the bars run on for the built in sway control.

Sean

Nice, that looks like one awfully peaceful place!

That's in the Cherokee National Forest, part of the Smokey Mountains. It's kind of a local's hide out and it doesn't have any services or hook ups so the out of towners don't make it up there often. The spots like that are no less then 3/4 mile apart so our dogs don't both the neighbors.

DonnyB007

Reese makes great hitches and I looked up online to see and read about your hitch. The hitch I got was from Husky and is called the "centreline" WD model. I use the same type of bar to get my WD bars flicked up by the A-Frame attachments. I see your SC Reese hitch uses a clamp on friction style control - neat!! Husky Centreline uses hydraulic control for sway, but both systems my bet would be about equal in the end. It sure pays to invest extra money for that sway control. The old system I had do not have sway control and two transports passed my trailer on either side on a busy hi way and I **** near lost my trailer! That was the scare of my life with my family and my dad all in board. So paying the extra 500 bucks up front for good sway control engineering in your WD hitch is so worth it. Thanks for your response :)

FiremanBill

That's in the Cherokee National Forest, part of the Smokey Mountains. It's kind of a local's hide out and it doesn't have any services or hook ups so the out of towners don't make it up there often. The spots like that are no less then 3/4 mile apart so our dogs don't both the neighbors.

I'm originally from the Newport/Del Rio area of East TN so I know the area well. I miss it for sure! Less than 6 years to go to retire for the second time and we will be back there for good!

porthole

Retired

Where?

I am down there every year on the bike.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
IMAG0158.jpg

Been meaning to do this for a while...here is our 2011 Chevy Duramax towing our 2013 Key Largo...LOVE our new home!!:D

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Ken and Kathy, What a great looking Rig...Glad that you are enjoying your new home... See you in Goshen

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Can't wait...already prepping for the trip! We are bringing Ken's sister, Catherine, with us...always used to take her on vacations with us...she loves to travel but couldn't afford it on her own...we have a standing deal...she cooks I clean up and she goes everywhere with us.

Wait till you guys taste her cooking and baking....OMG! This is gonna be a blast!! See everyone soon!