Extang Trifecta P.U. Bed Cover

Paul_W

Does anyone here use an Extang Trifecta tonneau cover and leave it clipped in the forward, folded position while towing their 5th wheel? It looks like there is plenty of clearance. I love my Extang and it would be great to be able to cover the bed and hitch for protection while unhitched.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We didn't have any problems with the trifold and the standard pin but when we changed to the TrailAir TriGlide, we couldn't use it at all. Not enough front clearance when turning. Fixed the problem by just trading the camper for 2012 camper.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We didn't have any problems with the trifold and the standard pin but when we changed to the TrailAir TriGlide, we couldn't use it at all. Not enough front clearance when turning. Fixed the problem by just trading the camper for 2012 camper.

Now that's how you fix a problem.

Boca_Shuffles

No problem using a Extang Trifold with a Trailair TriGlide. Reese 16K hitch on 2008 GMC 3500 DRW.

This picture shows me testing the clearance before going on the road with it. We went to the Goshen rally and back without any problems. We haven't encountered deep potholes yet.

IMG_0244.jpg

Wmnmy

Yes I have the extang tri fold cover and leave it clicked every trip folded no problems at all even covers the hitch when raining great product third photo on my profile you can see it in action haha have fun with it

Last edited:

Razduck

We are strongly considering the Pace Edwards Retractable Tonneau Cover. It's flush with the top of the Bed Rails, and runs in tracks and can be stopped in several different stop positions and is fully lockable.

Moose

We are strongly considering the Pace Edwards Retractable Tonneau Cover. It's flush with the top of the Bed Rails, and runs in tracks and can be stopped in several different stop positions and is fully lockable.

I had one of those in my last truck (JackRabit). You give up 10" or so of the truck bed where the cover "coils up". That's the main thing I didn't like. Mind you there was clearance under it on the bed of the truck.

Westwind

Have a 2008 GMC 2500 Extracab shortbed with a 2012 Bighorn 3070 RL

http://store.yahoo.com/truckstuffusa/truxedoduecetonneaucoverbytruxedo.html

I love the fact that the front tilts up so that I can get to the in bed auxillary fuel tank (That I don't have yet). My only problem so far is the white plastic shroud hits the cover rails on either side in a tight turn. Right now I'm perfectly level, would love to leave it there but I think I'm going to lift the Trailer Saver hitch by about 1 1/2 inches and maybe that will do it. Check it out I really like it, good quality also.