To all our friends in Irene's path

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Larry it is so nice of you to open up your home for a friend in need. It's that type of kindness that puts the heart in Heartland!

Living on the Jersey shore we find that "we need to get out of here" :eek: !!! State of emergency is declared and it didn't take much to convince John that the best place to ride out the storm is anywhere but here! BH is in front of the house and we'll be heading west in the morning! My Son just called from the firehouse to say expected storm surge is 12 feet. Yikes!

Just want to thank everyone for your calls, emails and concerns for our safety not to mention offers to stay in your homes away from the coast! Man oh man you folks never cease to amaze me!!! Love you one and all!

Everyone please pray for those of us in the path of this beast!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Larry it is so nice of you to open up your home for a friend in need. It's that type of kindness that puts the heart in Heartland!

Living on the Jersey shore we find that "we need to get out of here" :eek: !!! State of emergency is declared and it didn't take much to convince John that the best place to ride out the storm is anywhere but here! BH is in front of the house and we'll be heading west in the morning! My Son just called from the firehouse to say expected storm surge is 12 feet. Yikes!

Just want to thank everyone for your calls, emails and concerns for our safety not to mention offers to stay in your homes away from the coast! Man oh man you folks never cease to amaze me!!! Love you one and all!

Larry Deb is right.It is very nice of you and Samantha to open up your home to those in need during this time.
Deb. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys and with everyone in Irene's path.Please be safe and let us know how you are.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
You are welcome to come to our home until the storm passes if you need a place to go to.

Thanks Larry and Sam. You all are such wonderful people. Wish we could see more of you.

Deb I'd invite you and John to come down here, but they are now talking about Irene coming right over the top of us. Don't recommend going from the frying pan into the fire.

I've got the Landmark holed up in the carport, and have both generators up and running with 5 five gallon containers of gas. I'm still hoping and praying I won't need them but at least I'm ready if I do.

I knew I should have joined Jim and Nancy up at the Michigan rally this weekend.

We'll keep you posted on how we are managing the storm.

PSF513

LARRY & SAM: Always thinking of others. No wonder everyone who meets and gets to know you loves you.

Much like Keith, we have food, generators, fuel and, presuming Deb gets home tomorrow before it starts getting bad, just do our best to ride it out.

THANKS

dieselsweetheart

We have had heavy rain here a good portion of the day and this isn't even the hurricane yet. Add some wind with add and we're gonna have some serious issues.

All you guys on the east coast...make sure you get out if you're told to get out!!! We are not in the direct path here where we live but we're gonna get the wind (possible loss of power) and rain here.

Stay in touch!

cjhicks

John & Deb, Glad to hear that you are going to head West and not heading to Point Lookout. We are going to ride it out here on the Creek and will be moving the Bighorn into town away from the water They are saying 80 to 100 MPH winds with extream high tides, stay safe and we will see you in OC if there is anything left of the Rally Site.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Duane and I are currently in Cape May in the RV and have to evacuate by
8am. Duane is taking a quick snooze now and we will be heading North around 3am.
We are hoping this will make for an easier trip home as the roads were quite backed up earlier when the mandatory evacuation was called. I just hope the hill we live on at the Jersey shore is high enough!
Everyone be safe.

Hi All,
we are in New Zealand and this Hurricane Irene sounds absolutely horrific - sounds just major, so please keep safe all of you who are in the immediate area. This could be BIG. We are thinking of you on this side of the world. Hoping the hype doesn't live up to the actual event.

take care.

Rodbuster

I live just outside of Daytona Beach and Irene is about 210 directly east of us. We are still feeling her impact with strong winds and heavy winds. We are very fortunate that it took a turn to the east.

May God Bless all of you that are in the path of this storm and may He keep you safe.

Rodbuster

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks Larry and Sam. You all are such wonderful people. Wish we could see more of you.

Deb I'd invite you and John to come down here, but they are now talking about Irene coming right over the top of us. Don't recommend going from the frying pan into the fire.

I've got the Landmark holed up in the carport, and have both generators up and running with 5 five gallon containers of gas. I'm still hoping and praying I won't need them but at least I'm ready if I do.

I knew I should have joined Jim and Nancy up at the Michigan rally this weekend.

We'll keep you posted on how we are managing the storm.

Keith - Please be careful because you're already crazy for staying! Think smart because we need you in December! Hugs and love to you both! Stay in touch!

LARRY & SAM: Always thinking of others. No wonder everyone who meets and gets to know you loves you.

Much like Keith, we have food, generators, fuel and, presuming Deb gets home tomorrow before it starts getting bad, just do our best to ride it out.

THANKS

Pete please be careful and you are so right about Larry & Sam! Stay in touch so we know you are ok!

John & Deb, Glad to hear that you are going to head West and not heading to Point Lookout. We are going to ride it out here on the Creek and will be moving the Bighorn into town away from the water They are saying 80 to 100 MPH winds with extream high tides, stay safe and we will see you in OC if there is anything left of the Rally Site.

Calvin, I wish we were still up to surprising you at Point Lookout. I was really looking forward to it. Now get out of there! The good Lord is willin' but the Creeks GONNA RISE! Move to higher ground! Love you both so please be careful.

Duane and I are currently in Cape May in the RV and have to evacuate by
8am. Duane is taking a quick snooze now and we will be heading North around 3am.
We are hoping this will make for an easier trip home as the roads were quite backed up earlier when the mandatory evacuation was called. I just hope the hill we live on at the Jersey shore is high enough!
Everyone be safe.

Deb, the preferred direction right now is west. Go west please. Duane is going to get called to action if you are close to home. Where ever you go remember we love you guys. Stay safe and we'll stay in touch!

Hi All,
we are in New Zealand and this Hurricane Irene sounds absolutely horrific - sounds just major, so please keep safe all of you who are in the immediate area. This could be BIG. We are thinking of you on this side of the world. Hoping the hype doesn't live up to the actual event.

take care.

Greenstonekiwis, Thanks for the good wishes. This is an enormous storm and it's really not the storm but the coastal flooding we are worried about. I hope the event doesn't live up to it's hype either!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
As Deb said, please keep in touch so we know everyone is safe. Please be very patient sitting in evacuation traffic. It brings out the worse in people.

Our prayers are with everyone affected by this storm.

Keith, are you sure you have the reindeer in a safe place?? :D I don't want any excuses in a few months why you cant come see me again.!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
As Deb said, please keep in touch so we know everyone is safe. Please be very patient sitting in evacuation traffic. It brings out the worse in people.

Our prayers are with everyone affected by this storm.

Keith, are you sure you have the reindeer in a safe place?? :D I don't want any excuses in a few months why you cant come see me again.!

They are safe. I've kept them at the North Pole so there should be no problems for them. Mrs. Claus and I should have joined them, but I didn't want to leave my Landmark here all alone and the roads to the North Pole won't handle the weight of the "big rig."

As of this morning, they are saying it took a slight turn to the East again which means it may very well stay off-shore thus putting us on the "weak side" for the winds and tides. Also, they are now saying Irene won't be as bad as Isabel was in 2003. We were without power for 11 days back then. That's why I have both generators up and running. Let's hope it keeps turning east and misses us completly.

Pete, don't forget to keep your head above the water line!!

hillsonwheels

Well, we were gonna get a head start on our trip to Berlin. Leave today for Richmond, then to Colonial Beach, then to Annapolis area before heading to the MD rally. Guess what? For sure Richmond ain't gonna happen. Nor is today's departure from our home base in VA. In SW VA we're located such that winds are not a problem and I'm sure there will be a need for the Ark if water becomes a problem.

Having said that. Best wishes to those of you who have chosen to hunker down. And, safe travels to those who are running from the storm. What's the saying? Fair winds and following seas!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers go up for all who are in Irene's path.

Dick

osims

bsims
We live on the Gulf Coast and have been thru evacuations and hurricanes more than we like to talk about, our prayers go out to all on the East Coast. Speaking from experience, if they tell you to evac you really need to. The worst part of a hurricane is the aftermath. After Rita we were without power for 3 weeks, no grocery stores, no gas, no water, no ATM, we would have been better off staying away than running home after the storm. Again our prayers are wiyh you.
Bill

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
I have lived in New Orleans all of my life, so I don't have to go over all of the hurricanes I have experienced. It is never a good thing when you have to leave your homes and all of your belongings, but please remember this, IT IS ALL JUST STUFF. My son and daughter-in-law told me that when we evacuated for KATRINA, and they were absolutely right. STUFF can be replaced. LIVES CANNOT. Be safe. All of you in harms way are in our thoughts and prayers. Be smart. Be safe.
The Lindsey's from the BIG EASY!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We are parked and set up at Friendship Village. My son called and said they used reverse 911 calls telling us NO CHOICES, get out or put a card with your name and next of kin in your shoe and tie them tight! Anyone watching the weather channel they are speaking of route 72 and Long Beach Island. We live at the 13 mile post on route 72. Glad we are here and we'll pray for those who have decided to ride it out.

PSF513

This much stuff float so likely my head will stay above the water line.

Tonight and tomorrow night should be fun. 1 cat, 1 125 lb mastif who thinks she is a lap dog, our daughter, us, and IRENE. What could be better? Maybe some hurricanes to drink? HMMMMMM good idea.

BE SAFE

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
I'll send you some HURRICANES from the one and only PAT O'BRIEN'S in our French Quarter. All you will need is ONE! You'll sleep through IRENE after that. God Bless! I hope all goes well for you and yours.

This much stuff float so likely my head will stay above the water line.

Tonight and tomorrow night should be fun. 1 cat, 1 125 lb mastif who thinks she is a lap dog, our daughter, us, and IRENE. What could be better? Maybe some hurricanes to drink? HMMMMMM good idea.

BE SAFE

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Personally, I have not experienced a hurricane, but earlier this year, we did have a severe/tornadic storm with straight-line winds move the ElkRidge over and bend/break her landing gear. (At our storage yard). Please be safe, evacuate if you can! We got to spend some nice time with some Hurricane Ike evacuees at a RV park in East Texas a few years back.