Replacement for recliners

wingfoot

I'm looking to replace my recliners..I would like something like the picture below. Does anyone know of a source..I'm have heard the OE chairs are not the best quality.

Chairs.jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We had those very same chairs in our Bighorn when new. I thought they were very nice chairs but for us they seemed to become uncomfortable after a couple of hours of TV viewing. We now have one Lazy Boy recliner and a Reclining Loveseat. The Loveseat replaced the sleeper. I suggest you go shopping and find what you like and just replace as you see the need. Most of us that spend any length of time in our rigs have done it. Have fun shopping!

hoefler

We have those very chairs with the ottomans. We are looking to replace them with one Lazy boy. We would be willing to sell both chairs and Ottomans, if your interested, PM me.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Larry, we replaced ours with 2 postion recliners from JC Pennys. The are made by Lane. They are light weight and small enough to fit in the Horn. I know they come in different colors.

Attachments

• chairs 036 (Large) (2).jpg
    chairs 036 (Large) (2).jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 122
  • chairs 037 (Large).jpg
    chairs 037 (Large).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 98
  • chairs 042 (Large).jpg
    chairs 042 (Large).jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 104
  • chairs 035 (Large).jpg
    chairs 035 (Large).jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

SGeohagan

I bought Benchmaster chairs & ottomans to go in my former 5er. I still have them and they work for us. Have been looking at Stressless but don't want to put that much money out. There are several companies that make this style including Lane, Ashley, MacMotion, etc. Just do a search on the internet for stressless and you should fine lots.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We replaces our heavy recliners with Euro chairs that we bought locally. They are made by Lane and when I turned them sideways for traveling, they fit within the dimension of the slide edge and the back wall. This makes the third coach that we have used them in without any problems.
DSCN1266.jpg

gjackson

We replaces our heavy recliners with Euro chairs that we bought locally. They are made by Lane and when I turned them sideways for traveling, they fit within the dimension of the slide edge and the back wall. This makes the third coach that we have used them in without any problems.
View attachment 16008

I like the look of these chairs and checked Lane's website for them. We only have 31-32" clearance to the slide edges. The chairs I found were all 34" +. Are yours a recent purchase, and if so, do you know the model? I like the way yours leave plenty of room between the chairs for a table etc.

Thanks,
Sue

Wharton

We ended up buying 2 Lazy Boy recliners that fit in the back and we have enough space left for a table between them. We put sliders on the lazy Boys and they are now easy to move into position. We accidentally discovered that we don't need to strap them in when on the move. We have been on some very rough roads and they don't move.

gjackson

We ended up buying 2 Lazy Boy recliners that fit in the back and we have enough space left for a table between them. We put sliders on the lazy Boys and they are now easy to move into position. We accidentally discovered that we don't need to strap them in when on the move. We have been on some very rough roads and they don't move.

Hi Sue.
I've been looking at Lazy Boy but the only ones that "measure to fit" are electric. May I ask which recliners you purchased and the measurement?
Thanks,
Sue

Wharton

We bought the Pinnacle model. It is a wall hugger recliner. Besides the slides we put on some handles high up on the back side so we could turn them easier.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
gjackson - sorry it took so long to get back with ya. We bought the chairs about 5 years ago after a long search. Keep looking, they are out there. We saw many chairs that were wider than the dimension but when I found them, it was like they were everywhere. Unfortunately they were not cheap but they have been worth it. Good luck.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Sue and Tom, what model of Lazyboy did you purchase? I'm looking at Lazyboy as well, so I would like to know what you decided on, and that way I know it will fit in our 3055 as well. Thanks for the info.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
oops! Just refreshed and saw that you bought the Pinnacle. I'm looking at the Anderson model, so I will compare the two. Thanks.

Wharton

Just make sure you measure and compare sizes. Who knows, Lazyboy may have changed them for some reason.

Bob Vaughn

Google "ChairLand in Oldsmar Fl." we just bought 2 Euro recliners from him....He is at the Tampa RV Supershow every January.....They are easier to move around and when you recline they stay reclined..They do not come back up by them selves with you in them like the ones that come in the Big Country do....

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
This might be a silly statement, but the 3055 and the 3670 are the same size in the area where the recliners go, right?

Wharton

I would never "assume" that. That is why I say measure before getting ordering anything. The Pinnacle fit in our trailer and many others but mfg. change the dimension of trailers as they see fit.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would never "assume" that. That is why I say measure before getting ordering anything. The Pinnacle fit in our trailer and many others but mfg. change the dimension of trailers as they see fit.

Exactly. Some have claimed that they can close their slides with the sofa in the rear, where the recliners normally are. No way in our 3670. Even the recliners are a close fit.

On another note, with the "new" Flair recliner pads under them and strapped down, the recliners did not move while in transit from the CG to storage, a distance of 200 miles.