4th Thanksgiving in our 07 Bighorn.

caokgafamily

I've spent a week cleaning and detailing our well used 2007 3400RL Bighorn. We are about to set off on our annual American pilgrimage to one of our favorite Georgia state parks for 6 nights of relaxation and fun. Our Bighorn still looks as good as the day we bought it! I have done alot of mods to make it our's. I've updated the TV and sound system and the kids really enjoy watching movies in the camper. With all the crazy stuff going on more and more in the world today I will enjoy the quietness of a campgound!! My family and my self have alot to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving 2011 to all our Heartland forum friends.

I guess I can't count, after viewing some old post this will be our 5th Thanksgiving in the Bighorn. Time sure flies by.

Steve

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Ditto on that, Steve. We moved our BH to the campground last night, and will trek on back to the campground tomorrow, and plan to enjoy our 9 nights of peace and campfires with our camping friends. Lots of good times ahead, as usual. Time to catch up on their lives/families and where they have ventured to since we saw them during the summer.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving. Be safe in your travels.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Oh, I forgot to mention one thing, today begins MY RETIREMENT! So this is a very special Thanksgiving indeed. Time to enjoy our granddaughter more, camp more, travel more, and maybe finish getting rid of some clutter!!! :D FINALLY!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Congratulations on the retirement.

Steve, what statepark in Ga. do you guys go to? I have been to most of them. I think I like Skidaway the best.

caokgafamily

SouthernNights we are going to Mistletoe again. We take a boat and do alot of fishing. We havn't been to Skidway yet. Have you stayed at George L Smith or Hamburg? These 2 are my favorite.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We have stayed at Hamburg many years ago. Never at George L Smith.

Not sure where you are in Ga. but if you get a chance and like to boat do Crooked River it is nice. We actually stayed in a private cg across the street from Crooked River last year. Little bit quieter but the boat ramp to the river is right next to the state park. Neat place especially the town of St. Marys. Tourism hasn't quite caught up to the town yet even with NPS Cumberland Island ferry right there.