2012 Bighorn 3610RE

ptreese3

My wife and I have been shopping for a fifth wheel for almost a year now. We like to take our time, and do solid research before making a big purchase. We have been to many different dealerships, and seen just about everything out there, but we keep coming back to the Heartlands because of the quality, reliability, and passionate owners. We are both teachers, and have two months off each summer that we want to start traveling with our son (5 y/o), and our two dogs. We saw the Bighorn 3610RE at the Tampa show yesterday, and spoke with the Heartland rep (and the owners club table too). Our main concern is that we want to have more sleeping options than just the main bedroom, and the pullout sofa in the event we take anyone else with us. He told us that we could replace the stand alone dining table and chairs with a dinette that could fold down as well (it would give us at least one more spot, which would really help). Does anyone have this option installed in their 5vers so I could see some pictures. I like the openness of the floorplan, and don't want to take away from that, so I really want to see what it looks like before I do it. We really like the RE over any of the bunkhouses (don't want to give up the view out the back). Thanks for any help, and I just wanted to say thanks to the owners group, and rep at the show. They were very helpful with our questions!

jimtoo

Hi prteese3,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Glad your doing your research, it will make you more comfortable when you make the big decision. We hope it is for a Heartland unit of course. Hopefully someone that has the option you asking about will jump in soon. I personally have never seen it myself.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Maybe take a look at the other Heartland Fifth wheel options. They have some other floor plans in the other models that I think will fit your life style. Hope your new RV is found soon and hope it is a heartland too!

ChopperBill

I would think taking along an air bed to put next to the kitchen would be a better option than putting in a fixed dinette. We took two of our dining chairs out and turned the table 90 degrees and got more living area.

Owenfamily

I agree with the post about taking an extra air bed. It is so nice to have the chairs that can move around. The bench that you are talking about is very limited. It really does not make a good bed. We had that set up in another trailer and was so glad to have chairs that move around. This gives us the option to move the chairs and set up and air bed plus more seating if needed to be incase of a rain day or just eating dinner insided the unit.

David

Dave49

Air bed for sure. Nice to be able to change the furniture around after awhile for a change of scenery. With the booth type its fixed and don't think you would liek that option in the long run.

Dave

ChopperBill

Air bed for sure. Nice to be able to change the furniture around after awhile for a change of scenery. With the booth type its fixed and don't think you would liek that option in the long run.

Dave
10-4 on moving the furniture. The recliners work a lot better next to the dinette. If you look at some of the other makes of RE's they have a L sofa and you are pretty much stuck with the recliners in the smaller slide out.