Bighorn vs Big Country

Hello all - new to this forum. Have been following Heartland's for couple of years. I have read some comparisons between Big Horn and Landmark, but would like to know real differences between Bighorn and Big Country? Is it structural or "options".

Appreciate any input. FYI we like the 3055RL Bighorn. Have looked at Landmarks but just don't need that much or size RV. Due to dealer situation here would like to know what, if anything we'd be losing going to Big Country line..

Thanks

Bob

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
The difference in the two is witch one you guys like best. We had a 2008 BC 3250ts and went to a BH 3670rl. We liked the floor plan in the BH. On the strutural side they have the same frame. Big Country has changed alot the past couple years lots of upgrades and new floor plans. Bottom line pick the one you like and have fun with it.

Good Luck and welcome to the fourm.

MTPockets

Bob & Mary .... We love our 3055RL... Like you, we wanted the size and would probably have gone with a Landmark, but wanted the size of the 3055 plus we like that floor plan. We did get some off-sheet upgrades and are happy with our selections. Can't answer the diff between Big Country & Big Horn except dealer was closer to us for the Big Horn and we watched them being built at the Big Horn/Landmark plant in Indiana. Toured plants & Compared with three other non-Heartland brands and locked in on the Big Horn as best of that class.......

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bob & Mary, Hello and Welcome to the Heartland Forum. The BH & BC have essentially the same frame and construction design and materials. The main differences are the fancier amenities built into the Bighorn and some of the options available to each may be different. If you have any specific questions, you can ask them in this thread or in the Ask the Factory section. You should be able to get a reply directly from Heartland.

The Bighorn 3055 has been in the lineup since day one and is a very popular layout.

tcfake613

Hello Bob and Mary,

We just picked up our Bighorn a couple of weeks ago. We compared Bighorn and Big Country quite extensively in the six months prior to our decision. These are the differences that we noticed:

Big Country does not come standard with hydraulic slide selector valves
Big Country has standard lighting on ceiling whereas Bighorn has recessed halogen lighting
Bighorn has solid wood cabinet stiles
interior bedroom door on Bighorn had a closing pleated shade instead of solid door (we liked shade better)
hydraulic landing gear is an option on Big Country
We preferred the interior colors and wood trim on the Bighorn
Bighorn has a high rise pullout kitchen faucet
Big Country was available with painted end caps (liked this better)

We actually ended up getting a Bighorn at a lower cost with more options than the first dealer quoted us on a Big Country.

Some of this may have changed since last fall however.

Good luck in your search.

ihsolutions

Big Country also has the remote system for slide outs, awning, and front jacks. Big Horn does not.

Despite looking at several of each, I had never noticed the lack of recessed lighting in the Big Country until just last week at the local RV show.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in either unit. They are built nearly identical. Get the one with the floorplan you like best!

Speedy

Hi Mary & Bob,

My wife and I were in the same spot you are in trying to decide between a BC 3650RL and a BH 3670RL. Comparing apples to apples we found that most BHs were 8K to 9K more than BCs but it was easier to find a loaded BH than a loaded BC. So I would have to say what options are must have and what are nice but not nescesery. I really wanted hydraulic landing gear or auto leveling and the power cord reel but theu are special order for a BC. Loved the colors available in a BC, the BH looked too dated inside and out.

In the end we went with a BC 3650RL with standard electric jacks, standard frig and a queen bed. We don't regret it one bit. Love it and saved 16K from what we budgeted which now will be used for fuel to tow it around.:D

GOTTOYS

We toured the factory last Summer during the Goshen Rally. Big Country, Big Horn and Landmark all come off the same assembly line. One big difference I noticed was that the Big Country was the only one that has wooden framing and fiberglass insulation for the end walls where the others used aluminum on the ends as well as the sides. I think the hydraulic front landing gear is now standard on the Big Country. Big Horns have a few more amenities and a little nicer interior trim...Don

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have had 2 Big Countrys over the last 5 years. The 1st unit was a '08 3250 which we loved the open floor plan but wanted a King bed as we are getting older and the dog keeps pushing us out of the queen. This past summer we got the 3650 and absolutely love it. The Big Countrys are now rated for full timing so this coach is what we are planning to do some intensive traveling in. Why we stayed with the BC instead of a BH is primarily the cost - basicly same coach for a lot less. Yes the trim might be as fancier with a few extra things in the BH but the basics are the same. Like someone said before it's what you like.

Pizzaguy

We have had 2 Big Countrys over the last 5 years. The 1st unit was a '08 3250 which we loved the open floor plan but wanted a King bed as we are getting older and the dog keeps pushing us out of the queen.

It doesn't matter if you have a king or queen bed, the dogs still win!

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
One big difference I noticed was that the Big Country was the only one that has wooden framing and fiberglass insulation for the end walls where the others used aluminum on the ends as well as the sides.

That surprises me! I certainly missed that in all the literature and videos I researched before our purchase!

Thanks for all the info - I'll have to take a closer look at BC - if bought locally would be much better dealer for service.

Bob

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
You are correct Pizzaguy - the dog still wins. Funny how a toy poodle weighing just 6 lbs can push a 195 lb man out of a king bed :confused:. The wife doesn't have a chance.

wdk450

I had occasion to tour Steve and AnaLyn's 2011 Big Country at the Washington State rally last summer, and thought it REALLY outclassed my 2008 Bighorn 3670RL. The new exterior paint job, the dark interior wood finish, the way the slide came out of the kitchen counter wall, the wide steps to the bedroom, and the glass bowl bathroom basin sink were all impressive.