Fuel $

mmomega

AnyTimer
Here in Mansfield it is right around $3.80, lowest I've seen was $3.74. Right up the street in Arlington it's $3.99 at almost every station.

jbeletti

Jimtoo always beats me to the Close Thread button :)

We're all worried about high fuel costs. It will certainly have an affect on many people's RVing plans. Just do the math before you cancel a planned trip so you know what the incremental cost will actually be. Shorter distance trips may only cost another $25 to $50 round trip. To miss the memories one could make for that trip based on the incremental cost... Just saying, it's something each has to rationalize for himself.

I even expect some fuel cost related cancellations for the Gillette rally. Same thing happened in 2008 for the Branson rally. But, it's a completely understandable situation.

Jim

Rodbuster

WOW. 24 posts in 2 hours. Tell me "this" isn't a sensitive area for all of us???

It's running between $3.95 and $4.01 here in the Daytona Beach, FL. area.

tcfake613

Jimtoo always beats me to the Close Thread button :)

We're all worried about high fuel costs. It will certainly have an affect on many people's RVing plans. Just do the math before you cancel a planned trip so you know what the incremental cost will actually be. Shorter distance trips may only cost another $25 to $50 round trip. To miss the memories one could make for that trip based on the incremental cost... Just saying, it's something each has to rationalize for himself.

I even expect some fuel cost related cancellations for the Gillette rally. Same thing happened in 2008 for the Branson rally. But, it's a completely understandable situation.

Jim

I have to concur here Jim. If I run about 3000 miles this season towing at 12 MPG then I'm using about 250 Gal. I'm paying $4.09 right now and say it goes up a buck and I'm paying $5.09 this summer. We have 8 trips planned already and the net difference will be about $250 if I'm at the 3000 mile mark. No way I'm cancelling my trips to save $250. We'll live with it... high fuel costs are becoming like death and taxes....

It starts to add up more when I consider the 500 miles per week my wife and I log running back and forth to work! Now that adds up! Hmmm... maybe I should quit work.... then I'd have to sell the F-350 and Bighorn...

nope, not quittin work!

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Well let me tell you - if this gets much worse I may have to switch stations to one that has "Green Stamps" to help off set the cost ... :angel:

now don't no one go bursting my bubble here an tell me that Green Stamps are gone too ...

TedS

$3.92 - $3.98 around Durango, CO.

Looking forward to our planned 4000 mile trip this summer.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well let me tell you - if this gets much worse I may have to switch stations to one that has "Green Stamps" to help off set the cost ... :angel:

now don't no one go bursting my bubble here an tell me that Green Stamps are gone too ...

I remember those. Think I got my first baseball glove with them back in the '50's. But, that loud pop you just heard...

donr827

Here in South Florida diesel is running between 3.99 to 4.05 per gallon. It seems to go up every day.:mad:
Don

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Well with all this talk about Fuel prices I though I would mention that there's an app for that ... Gas Buddy is a free mobile app for most smart phones that will provide you with a good snap shot of the fuel prices around you - you can even enter in a city or zip code and get the prices for somewhere other than where you are. I use the Iphone app to find the best price in the area that I am.

The application allows you to update the prices for any station right from your phone ( that is how the prices are kept updated ). So far I have found the $$ amounts to be spot on.

There is also a web site with all the same information as well

http://gasbuddy.com/GasBuddyMobileApps.aspx

Just one more App to help us along our way!!!

Kevin

loafer

Hey Steve
I will still go to Lynden to buy my diesel. we are paying $4.83 per US gallon in (Canadian funds) thats $1.27.9 per litre here. Worth the trip for me for a fill up.
Kevin ,yes the Gas Buddy website works well.
Closer to Vancouver the price is running close to the $5.00 per US gallon

This is a verrrry active thread indeed.
Bill

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hey Steve
I will still go to Lynden to buy my diesel. we are paying $4.83 per US gallon in (Canadian funds) thats $1.27.9 per litre here. Worth the trip for me for a fill up. Bill

Hey...that's probably why it's so expensive here! :D Never thought I would see a line up waiting for fuel at Safeway! I notice the Chevron took their diesel price board down! Must have thought it discouraging.

PS If you come down here for gas, you must be close enough to come to our rally next July in Twisp! Might be fun!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sad that it's at the point where leaving the rig on a site down here in FL or TX or anywhere south is cheaper than hauling it home. I planning on a $600 fuel bill to get from central FL to WI. Sad for sure. Then we'll have to start saving up for Gillette.:rolleyes:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When I left the RGV on February 8th, I filled both tanks (135 gallons) at $3.54 per gallon. Now I'm near Marshall TX and its running between $3.85 and $3.97. I hate to see what it will be when we leave for the summer trip between south of Houston to Gillette with a few stops in between and a couple of stops after.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Up to 3.85 today from 3.60 on Wed.

Really starting to like the little Ford Ranger I bought for work a year ago more and more.

WilmanJim

Just filled up this morning at Panther Junction in the Big Bend National Park at $4.50.5. Saw a tanker heading that way when we left so it might be higher.