Fuel $

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There was a piece on the evening news about gas prices. In some areas, the price disparity between stations a few blocks apart was wild. Even where they "grow" the oil, it's not cheap.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well if the oil companies where not selling all OUR domestic crude after its refined to China and other countries. The prices might not be as bad. Our oil supplies are good, we are NOT running out of crude in our country. Its tooo bad the main stream media is not telling us the truth. JMHO

What he said! Trace

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
There was a piece on the evening news about gas prices. In some areas, the price disparity between stations a few blocks apart was wild. Even where they "grow" the oil, it's not cheap.

That is the biggest thing that P.O.s me, read my earlier post because we "grow oil here".

beardedone

Beardedone
Today in Red Deer, Alberta I paid $1.11 a liter and got a 3.5 cent coupon per liter to spend in the grocery store which makes the effective price $1.08. It takes a little less than 4 liters to make a US gallon.

archbarb

Here in SE Georgia its 3.95 to 4.13 for diesel. And you guessed right, 4.13 is at the interstate exits, go figure!!!!!:mad:

Archie

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here in SE Georgia its 3.95 to 4.13 for diesel. And you guessed right, 4.13 is at the interstate exits, go figure!!!!!:mad:

Archie

They know the majority of their customers are travelers that don't know their way around to find cheaper stations, so they gouge.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Cold Spring NY $4.29/gal. Can't wait to summer what will I have to give up by then!

wdk450

Gang:
The current Gas Buddy Diesel low price for the Sacramento area is $4.09, not bad considering the BIG tax load we have on fuel in Ca.

I noticed an ad in the local Craigslist for a startup Biodiesel bulk supplier for the area. They are talking $3.00 biodiesel when they get the project going. I got on their potential users list and will wait and see. If this works out, I will probably invest in an auxillary fuel tank. Here is a link: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/2859039458.html

My investment newsletters have been talking about the big trucking fleets rush to convert to LNG (Liquified Natural Gas), and the opportunities for investing in the main truck engine conversion company. I read with all of the energy trade offs, etc. the cost for LNG is $1.88 a gallon. So much natural gas has been found in the U.S. in the past 3 years that there is a glut and a decline in wellhead price to where it is almost not profitable to produce/transport it. The major LNG terminal on the West Coast at Coos Bay, Oregon has applied for new permits to EXPORT instead of their current permits to IMPORT LNG. LNG stations are being added to most all of the major truckstops, and there are companies vested in establishing 1000's more independent LNG stations. Unfortunately, there are currently no companies converting our medium truck engines to LNG, no one producing new medium trucks running on LNG, and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) doesn't seem to allow these conversions, even though LNG is much less polluting than diesel or gasoline, and radically extends engine life. Maybe some tome in the future we will get in on this.

truknutt

Committed Member
One word: "SPECULATORS". Regulation at the commodities market would help, mister lawmaker.

We're coming up on an election year so we'll see some feigned interest in the "working man's plight".

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gang:
The current Gas Buddy Diesel low price for the Sacramento area is $4.09, not bad considering the BIG tax load we have on fuel in Ca.

I noticed an ad in the local Craigslist for a startup Biodiesel bulk supplier for the area. They are talking $3.00 biodiesel when they get the project going. I got on their potential users list and will wait and see. If this works out, I will probably invest in an auxillary fuel tank. Here is a link: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/2859039458.html

My investment newsletters have been talking about the big trucking fleets rush to convert to LNG (Liquified Natural Gas), and the opportunities for investing in the main truck engine conversion company. I read with all of the energy trade offs, etc. the cost for LNG is $1.88 a gallon. So much natural gas has been found in the U.S. in the past 3 years that there is a glut and a decline in wellhead price to where it is almost not profitable to produce/transport it. The major LNG terminal on the West Coast at Coos Bay, Oregon has applied for new permits to EXPORT instead of their current permits to IMPORT LNG. LNG stations are being added to most all of the major truckstops, and there are companies vested in establishing 1000's more independent LNG stations. Unfortunately, there are currently no companies converting our medium truck engines to LNG, no one producing new medium trucks running on LNG, and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) doesn't seem to allow these conversions, even though LNG is much less polluting than diesel or gasoline, and radically extends engine life. Maybe some tome in the future we will get in on this.

My son tried to startup a BioDiesel producing facility here in VA last year. It was a fairly simple operation. He collected used cooking oil from restaruants and "refined" it with some special purpose equipment he purchased to turn it into burnable diesel. He was told in advance that the permitting would be a simple process, but when he actually tried to get the permits the cross agency finger pointing began - zoning, fire department, sales and use permits, business licensing, - all became a nightmare. He just took the loss and shut down. It was a real shame because he could have produced 400 gallons a days. A small drop overall, but significant locally. Oh, and he could have sold it a $2.00 a gallon and made a good profit.

Last edited:

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
My son tried to startup a BioDiesel producing facility here in VA last year. It was a fairly simple operation. He collected used cooking oil from restaruants and "refined" it with some special purpose equipment he purchased to turn it into burnable diesel. He was told in advance that the permitting would be a simple process, but when he actually tried to get the permits the cross agency finger pointing began - zoning, fire department, sales and use permits, business licensing, - all became a nightmare. He just took the loss and shut down. It was a real shame because he could have produced 400 gallons a days. A small drop overall, but significant locally. Oh, and he could have sold it a $2.00 a gallon and made a good profit.

That's crazy, Oklahoma $50.00 per year per vehicle sticker. My brother-in-law manufactures bio-diesel that he uses in his dump trucks and equipment. I use it all the time for $1.25 a gallon. I leave here with 85 gal but cant take anymore with me.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Gus - tell him to keep fighting. Nathan filled up the truck last night for $3.86/gallon and the same station this afternoon is now $3.98.

Birchwood

Everyone has a fuel budget and as the cost goes up one just drives less and we can all drive less.If its driving to work ..car pool and if for business don't make unnecessary trips.Don't let them win.

hoefler

$3.74-3.78 around SW Mo. Last week in west Memphis I paid $3.37 at Murphy Express. Plus with my Discover card, I get 5% off for fuel expenses.