Fuel $

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Got a chuckle this morning fueling up the Duramax...it was exactly a year ago to the day I started THIS thread whining about fuel costs! This morning diesel was $4.50 here in the fourth corner of WA state. Makes the "might reach $4.00" comment in last years thread look pretty silly!

How are fuel prices in your area?

lwmcguir

We are currently at $3.89, however our local dealer tells us to expect $5.00 by early summer and possible shortages. The Dakota's are using most of the surplus now and when farming begins it will get scarce. We are filling up the bulk tanks now as are most of the neighbors. Most of us have storage for about 6 months usage so it will be interesting. The increased fuel/energy surcharges will impact everything you purchase by midyear.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Diesel $4.01 in Shelbyville, KY last night. Up from $3.79 earlier yesterday. Ken

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
$4.01 in Central Mass - it looks like most of my camping will be local this year if the prices to up to $5+ ...

Kevin

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I filled up two days ago at $3.79 at a Speedway. I stay away from local Shell stations because they're easily 20-cents higher than anyone else. Looking at the promised increases (regardless of the market, they'll do it now that they've conditioned us for it), we may have to rethink any long road trips with the rig.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
$3.85-$4.09 depending on station/location around here. Looks like trip to Hilton Head will be longest we do this year.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well if the oil companies where not selling all OUR domestic crude after its refined to China and other countries. The prices might not be as bad. Our oil supplies are good, we are NOT running out of crude in our country. Its tooo bad the main stream media is not telling us the truth. JMHO

JohnDar

Well if the oil companies where not selling all OUR domestic crude after its refined to China and other countries. The prices might not be as bad. Our oil supplies are good, we are NOT running out of crude in our country. Its tooo bad the main stream media is not telling us the truth. JMHO

Bob, I recall watching a CSpan presentation once between an Alaskan congressman and a Californian one. She was ranting about all of the Alaskan oil being shipped to Asia and making home prices (for Calif.) outrageous. The Alaskan countered with charts and graphs showing the routes the oil had to take to American refineries on the Gulf Coast and then be shipped to California (where no new refineries were allowed). He also had evidence to show that less than 10% of the crude was going overseas and primarily to Japan. I also think current events show that China's biggest supplier is Iran.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I don't know about charts and graphs and what all. I do know I'm not going to let a bunch of spineless politicians catering to a few environmentalist wackos ruin my plans for a great RVing season.

JohnDar

I don't know about charts and graphs and what all. I do know I'm not going to let a bunch of spineless politicians catering to a few environmentalist wackos ruin my plans for a great RVing season.

And there's that fly in the ointment, as well. But don't kill the Tse Tse fly, it's endangered.

JohnDar

Re: Fuel $ A word of caution

That's the line in the sand. If we cross it and get too political on this topic, Jim B might come on and whack us all silly.

bdb2047

I am San Antonio Tx for now. Found it for 3.70 stations along interstates are mid 3.90.I figure will do 10000 miles till home in Aug sure is adding to cost!

Rrloren

Paid $3.79 here in So. Jersey yesterday. As others have said these prices will limit extent of travel.
Planning to go to Myrtle Beach end of Mar. and expect I'll spend $500 in fuel. Ouch !!

jimtoo

That's the line in the sand. If we cross it and get too political on this topic, Jim B might come on and whack us all silly.

Yep,,,, ya'll know the rules,,,gotta draw the line somewhere. Got close!

Jim M