"Here's Your Sign"

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Do you have a sign telling folks who you are, when you go camping? We've noticed quite a few as we traveled, and they inspired us to have one made, at the State Fair of Texas, last year. (A trailer where they drew, carved, painted, and sealed the front in 1 hour!) We finally have it ready to use (had to add a backer and the chain, and make sure it was sealed all sides).

If you have one, post pictures of them here!

Sign.jpg

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes we do and mount it the same way. Dont have a pix...I dont think.....maybe DW has one.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
we hang ours the same way and also have a small shepherds hook. Had to lay it on the deck and take a picture because the wind is blowing a storm in.

IMG_0962.jpg

danemayer

We got our sign in Branson last November. We used to hang it from the pinbox, but gusty winds kept blowing it off. Tried a lightweight flag mount but the sign was too heavy. We picked up the heavier hook shown here from the Home Depot Garden Dep't ($7) and it seems to do the trick.

rv-sign-2.jpg

shovelguy

We have a sign (no photo) that we usually hang from the pin box, altho quite often the pu blocks it from view. Looking to get some sort of hanger.

archbarb

IMG00528-20120319-1750.jpgThis is our "home grown" sign! When I look at it, I realize I must have had a very caffeinated day...very shaky!
Barb

wildwolfproducts

Thought I had a Pic of the sign, We hand it off the arm of this light stand I made from PVC.
smokedchicken003.jpg

I took the scroll saw and cut out the sign and our name in it. Fixed one up for our friends. He had built there home Build Tear Drop, so I cut the State of Tn and out Volun-teardrop on it.
Need to get the sign out back on the light stand and get a pic of it.
Pete

hillsonwheels

We've got one I carved. And, if I ever figure out how to get a picture off the camera and on to the forum.......:confused:.........I'll be more than happy to post a picture.

Dick

mlburst1

We ordered ours online and added the "Belle" addition at the Tampa RV show.

Attachments

• Sign.jpg
    Sign.jpg
    782.3 KB · Views: 115

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Here's my sign.

DSC_0241M.jpg

The sign was from Too Crazy Ladies and has magnets on the back if I wanted to put it on the door of my Truck.
I got the stand from a friend of mine and it has worked out very well for us.

BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We had this made up in Mackinaw City. I hang the HOC plaque under it off the pinbox. Can't find that fire truck whirlygig anymore.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We bought a new sign at the Hershey RV show last year and love it. The problem is that when we bought the sign, we had the Bighorn and now we have a Landmark, so I guess its time for a new one. When it quits raining I'll get a picture of it and post it.

Sandpirate69

We attempted to buy one from someone on this forum and it never materialized. If anyone out there knows of a website, please send the information our way.

Thank you,
Ivan

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Our name sign we had for some years and as Dan was a huge Moose hunter, a friend of his made this one for us in his workshop. The head of the moose was copied from a bottle of Moosehead beer.... View attachment 18278

fawsty

I have a sign that I had made at our local craft faire. I'm a hunter, so I got the deer on one side, and my wife loves to scrap-book, so they put a photo album on the other side. Seems appropriate, and it looks great. I also hang it from the pin box, to show everyone that walks by. Sorry, no picture.

Steven

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Here is our sign. We picked out the basic format while traveling through Arkansas. They sent email pics of the in progress work, finished the full thing and shipped it to us. I am still looking for the name of the shop.:)

DSC03563.JPG

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here is our sign. We picked out the basic format while traveling through Arkansas. They sent email pics of the in progress work, finished the full thing and shipped it to us. I am still looking for the name of the shop.:)

View attachment 18289

I took a pic of this at the HL Canton TX Rally, we really liked it! ;)