Lugs and nuts

Princess Kathleen

We have been sitting in a KOA in Streetsboro Ohio waiting for lugs and nuts since Thursday of last week. We left RVC Thursday after being there for many many days, traveled 258 miles east. DH was checking the torque and found 3 loose nuts and 1 stripped lug. Called Good Sam and they came out and said got to go and find some.

Why is it so hard to find lugs and nuts to fit these wheels???????:confused:

PK

jbeletti

Hi PK,

Sorry to hear of your woes. What have you done to find the lug nuts so far- besides Good Sam ERS?

I remember when one of mine stripped as I was removing it (likely cross-threaded when a tire service company changed a flat), I could not find one to fit in the cabinet at a tire shop.

Probably a Goodyear truck tire repair shop would have some that fit. Maybe not chromed. Have you called Heartland Customer Service for any help (with ideas at least)?

Below are a few Goodyear's near you. Maybe one of them can help you out.

FLYNN TIRE COMPANY
1897 STATE RT 59
KENT, OH 44240
(330)673-8473
Fax: (330)673-4705
6.6 Miles

TWINSBURG AUTO SERVICE CENTER
9315 DARROW RD
TWINSBURG, OH 44087
(330)425-9191
Fax: (330)963-3694
6.9 Miles

GOODYEAR AUTO SERVICE CTR #0537
4455 KENT RD
STOW, OH 44224
(330)678-0600
Fax: (330)678-8541
7.1 Miles

MR TIRE
3745 DARROW RD
STOW, OH 44224
(330)688-6852
Fax: (330)688-4465
7.5 Miles

KAUFFMAN TIRE SERVICE INC
480 CLEVELAND RD
RAVENNA, OH 44266
(330)296-6428
Fax: (330)296-9665
7.8 Miles

CONRAD'S TIRE EXPRESS & TOTAL CAR CARE
1091 AURORA RD
MACEDONIA, OH 44056
(330)468-6100
Fax: (330)468-6100
9.2 Miles

Looks like a bunch of places in Stow, OH too. About 7 miles from you: Link to stuff

Best of luck.

Jim

ChopperBill

Did you try a GOOD tire shop. We have several tire dealers that deal in tractor and truck tires and they have an assortment of lug bolts and nuts. Most farm implement dealers can match up those items also.

C

Chulinw

Jim, You are on top of things my good man. What would this form do without you. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

jbeletti

Ken,

Just doing what anyone with ready access to the Internet and good Googling skills would do. Helping out a fellow Heartlander. PK's good people too :)

Thanks too for your input CB.

Maybe PK can make some calls in the morning. They can run the Ford over to a shop and pick up what they need.

Jim

slaytop

Sorry for your inconvenience in my home territory! There is an RV dealer that sold Landmarks in Hartville, OH which is south of you on SR43. Their number is 330-877-3500. Avalon RV on SR18 just west of Akron is a BigHorn dealer. Their number is 800-860-7728. There is a Camping World on I-71 at SR303. Their number is 800-528-4566. One of these dealers may have what you need. I sent you a private message if you would like to contact me personally for some assistance.

Uncle Rog

What a great community! I am not going to cancell my on-star just yet as I am in Indian country here, not as many friendlies in the area, Ha....

Princess Kathleen

On the road again

Hi,
The Luv Shak is on the move again. We have been broke down with bad lugs and nuts for a week. The parts came in today, just like RVC said they would. Franz (Good Sam) came out this afternoon and put them on for us. We ordered a spare set, since they are so hard to find.
We are heading to Maine tomorrow. Watch out for us along I 80 E. We plan to stay a few days in the Green and White Mountains.

PK

caissiel

Thanks for the info, I will get a set for sure. I have the bad habit of carrying spares. I broke 2 springs on the trailer I am ready to trade in on saturday and I had more spares in the truck then the locale trailer parts dealer had. I was going in no time. If I did not have the spares I was stuck there for the weekend. I had one spring break and it twisted the axle enough to break the next one.

Delaine and Lindy

Wow shouldn't have taken that long??? In the future you might get in touch with SouthWest wheel in Dallas Texas www.Southwheel.com . I have ordered wheesl and other items. Last time we ordered a set of wheels they were on our door step in 3 days. We bought a set of Aluminum Alcoa wheels from them. Those lug nuts aren't that hard to find most high end tire shops should have them. Maybe not exact match. Tomorrow will be a better day. GBY....