dealer / warranty issues

cxyyuppie

Hello,
We bought our first toyhauler in October 2011. Love the unit, but it has had all kinds of little issues. This is our 4th new camper in the last 10 years. We have always bought a little bit better each time. We just got tired of pulling 2 trailers & the time was right to upgrade from a 5th wheller to the 5th wheel toyhauler. Has anyone had problems with water heaters, breaker panels, or decals? This is the 1st Heartland product we have purhased. Starting to wonder if it is our unit or that's the way Heartland RV's are built.
Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Cxyyuppie and welcome to the forum.This is a great place to get and share information.
The title of your thread is 'dealer / warranty issues. Are you having trouble with the dealer doing warranty work?
What is the problem with your water heater, breaker panel and decals?
I have not heard of many problems with the items you have described. As with any brand, there can be little bugs to work out.
Answers and help may be on this forum if we had a little more information.

Peace
Dave

jwalker1

CXYUPPIE,
It may just be your unit. If it's the dealer saying they can't get parts or not wanting to do the work I would give Heartland Customer Service a call (they are the best in the industry). Also, Heartland builds the best toy hauler in the industry.

cxyyuppie

Picked up the unit on a Thursday & went camping the next day. Could not get any hot water with elect. or gas. Several people in our group also looked at the sytem & could not figure it out. Went to the bath house that night instead. The next morning we opened our storage compartment to find it full of water. Pulled everything out of the compartment to find the leak. Had to remove compartment wall to locate the leak. Loose P-trap for the lavatory, at this point we found the valves closed on the water heater. Later that day we started having electrical problems. Some of the fuses must have worked loose during travel. Pulled every fuse & reinstalled. Wall paper trim was installed carelessly on top of dust & debris. Outside decals started peeling in several places. Front gelcoat cap has blemishes all over in the paint. Also has an area where someone used a harsh chemical to correct a problem in the front cove.
Took it back to the dealer we bought it from for repairs. Left it there for several weeks. (Sorry job on all repairs). I can fix just about anything, but this unit is BRAND new I should not have to do anything but enjoy it. Our dealer is a little over 100 miles from the house, so every time something has to be repaired, thats $100 worth of gas out of my pocket. Our dealer tried to buff the front cap to remove problems, but this was little more than a coat of wax applied. Two more times when we took off for the weekend we had water heater problems where it would not come on. Just turned off everything for 1 hour & tried again & it seemed to work. Called the manufacturer of the water heater & was told it probably was a loose wire due to traveling. I thought these things were made to be pulled down the road. Finally had enough of waiting for our dealer to get parts, approval, etc. & spoke with a Heartland Service Advisoror. He was able to get a local body shop to do the repairs / refresh on the front end of the camper. HEARTLAND sent the wrong graphics for the front. My camper has been at the body shop for 2 weeks now & they still do not have the correct Decals. I have called the Service Advisory 3 times trying to locate the decals & today he said they failed to ship out.

So where did I go wrong? I tried to let our dealer do the work (joke). I tried to let a professional body shop repair / refesh the front end (still waiting on Heartland). This has been just a little bit annoying.