Yep - I Feel Dumb!

AnnR

The dumbest thing I ever did (at least RV related) was while closing up and winterizing our seasonal TT at the end of the year. Several hours after arriving home I realized I had left a box of donuts in the kitchen cabinet. After a long night filled with nightmares of extensive vermin infestations caused by the forgotten donuts, I was about to confess to my husband. As I prepared to tell him we had to drive ALL the way back because of my mistake, he surprised me by saying he had forgotten to put down the TV antenna! I didn't say a word about the donuts - just rode along teasing him about his memory loss. When we got to the TT I casually walked out with the box of donuts and offered him one - the look on his face was priceless! At least we are growing old and forgetful together!

zztop

Picked up the RV from the storage lot today. First time I've moved it in 5 weeks. Was in a bit of a hurry, so quickly got hooked up raised the front jacks up and slowly took off. Sounded awfully noisy so I stopped to take a look. About the same time a gentleman pulled up beside me and told me my rear jacks were down :eek:. Fortunately, no damage was done except to my pride. Moral of the story - check, double check, and recheck, no matter how many times you've done this.

I started reading this and before I got through the 3rd sentance I knew that your rear jacks were down. BTDT!
I check that now, but believe it or not, I now leave the steps down!

Westwind

We left early one morning for 3 months in Florida and about 2 miles from the house a police car flashed his lights at me but I figured it was someone I knew, then my wife said she thought she forgot to shut the bathroom door so I pulled into a Walmart, when I got out of the truck I saw the electrical cord stretched out in back of the trailer. Then it was make the trip home to shut the outdoor electrical outlet box so the snow/rain would stay out and not short the box out. Added about 1/2 onto our trip. Haven't done it in a campground yet!

mikeandconnie

I forgot to lock down the bike rack a few months ago on our first outing with our new Landmark and yes someone flag me down after 5 miles of dragging them. The sad part is I skinned up the brown paint in the back of the new rig. The good news is someone stole our bikes last week at the campground, I hope they enjoy the wobbly wheels. LOL I only have the rv to repair now.

BruteForce

Have you ever heard the following "There are those of us that "HAVE DONE SOMETHING REALLY LAME". Then there those who of us that "JUST HAVE NOT DONE SOMETHING REALLY LAME"! there are those that "HAVE DONE SOMETHING REALLY LAME BUT WILL NOT ADMIT IT"

Agreed!

I've left camp before with the TH garage door down. I dragged the door a good 50' before I noticed! :eek: I've also pulled my TH out of camp with the emergency brake cable pulled.. dragging the TH with the brakes locked up a good couple hundred feet (on gravel) before I noticed the smoke!