My basement floor is sagging, anyone else notice this?

porthole

Retired
Emptied out the basement to give it a good cleaning, remove what we don't use like the compressor since the truck now has air.
Floor looks a little saggy

Attachments

• Floor_sag_01.jpg
    Floor_sag_01.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Floor_sag_02.jpg
    Floor_sag_02.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 151
  • Floor_sag_03.jpg
    Floor_sag_03.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Floor_sag_04.jpg
    Floor_sag_04.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 153

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
Re: My basment floor is sagging, anyone else notice this?

mine is sagging to the center I see you have two dips, some one on hear posted about dropping the bellie and reinforsing it

rick_debbie_gallant

Yup, I be having the same problem with my rig. I wonder what gives. I am out of warranty, but this aint proper.

Rickhansen

Mine started sagging since new. I have planned to replace the decking for the last year but haven't done it. I believe it is only 3/8" wafer board and supported only over the frame rails. Any moisture that gets between the floor and the coroplast can weaken it and it will sag. When the weather cools down, it's coming out, bracing being added, and a new floor. I haven't quite figured out how it will have to pieced together, as your limited to the width of the access door to install the new pieces.

rick_debbie_gallant

Mine started sagging since new. I have planned to replace the decking for the last year but haven't done it. I believe it is only 3/8" wafer board and supported only over the frame rails. Any moisture that gets between the floor and the coroplast can weaken it and it will sag. When the weather cools down, it's coming out, bracing being added, and a new floor. I haven't quite figured out how it will have to pieced together, as your limited to the width of the access door to install the new pieces.
I will be looking to use something they use in basements (stick basements) it comes in 24 x 24 inch pieces and lock together with a tounge and groove. Not sure what I will be using for the frame underneath. That is yet to be decided.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member

Duane,

Here a link to a related Thread. I had the same problem on my Landmark. What I did is pulled down the Coroplast and cut some openings in the black vapor barrier. Above the barrier is 4 2"X2"s that run front to back. The sag in your picture is between the 2"X2"s. The way I fixed the sags is to run short 2"X2"s side to side between the 2"X2"s that run front to back. I used a bottle jack to get them flush with the original 2"X2"s. I fastened them in place by screwing them to the original 2"X2"s. Then I cut and placed 2"X3"s on end side to side and under the short 2"X2"s I installed. I notched the ends of the 2"X3"s to rest on the top of the steel trailer frame. I fastened the 2"X3"s with screws to the 2"X2"s that run side to side. Then I secured the black vapor barrier with Gorilla Tape. I then refastened the colopast.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

We ran 2" angle iron, side to side, resting on
top of frame and screwed to the 2x2's which run front to back.

Funny thing is Heartland engineer told us the 2x2's were installed wrong and should have been side to side...they are still making the same "error"??? What's up with that...

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Mine seems fine, but now you guys have me wondering.
I'll keep an eye on it. Trace

porthole

Retired

I have holding tanks under this section of floor, so it will probably stay until I have another reason to pull the coro down.
With all my stuff in there I really don't see it :eek:

But I did remove some stuff that was never used, and it is visible somewhat now.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Trace...if you have occasion to drop the belly in that area, check it out. If the 2x2's are running side to side, you should be OK. After looking closer at these comments, they are all on 2010's and earlier....2010 is when we talked to the engineer...maybe they did correct the installation issue that caused ours to droop.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

My 2011 Key Largo has some sagging going on in the middle also. Some day maybe I will look into it. But right now its not too bad.

cruizer76

Mine is a new torque but sure it is very similar. Glad I live in Arizona. Very little moisture issues.

khalsey

I had to replace half of my basement floor (offdoor side) in my 2006 Landmark due to getting wet and unable to dry out with bottom wrap and rubberized flooring cover on top. It is 5/8 inch decking and with the rubberized flooring was about 11/16 so I replaced it with 3/4 decking from SpaceAge Synthetics www.spaceagesynthetics.com From the factory the flooring with cover goes under the wall so the 3/4 inch without cover was slightly thicker but went under wall without too much work.

rick_debbie_gallant

I had to replace half of my basement floor (offdoor side) in my 2006 Landmark due to getting wet and unable to dry out with bottom wrap and rubberized flooring cover on top. It is 5/8 inch decking and with the rubberized flooring was about 11/16 so I replaced it with 3/4 decking from SpaceAge Synthetics www.spaceagesynthetics.com From the factory the flooring with cover goes under the wall so the 3/4 inch without cover was slightly thicker but went under wall without too much work.

A couple of questions: How pricey is the stuff? What was your spacing between floor joists or members? thank you.

khalsey

I used the "Versatile" decking and the lady (Julie) that I talked to told me that they had seconds (cosmetic blemishes) that would work for my purpose so the price of the material was resonable but the shipping is very high priced. I had them cut the sheet into 3 pieces so they could ship them FedEx. There is one center 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" aluminum cross member running front to back that is about 46" center to side spacing. I added a cross support for the joint of the pieces I installed.139.jpg161.jpg164.jpg003.jpg001.jpg

donr827

Nice looking fix to your problem. Send the pictures to HL factory so they will learn something.
Don