Disappointed in quality of '12 NT

houey57

I have a 2012 NT 28rls and have alot of complaints about quality of materials and install of items. plumbing leaks at kitchen sink supply lines,outside shower supply leaks, the holding tank flushing systems vacuum breaker stuck and leaked the gutter run off filled the water heater. the steps broke. now the rear axle has lost its camber and the tires are leanining in at the trop and are cupping. there is a lump in the side wall near the roof.the exhaust vent louver broke at the hinge pins.my dealer has been extremely helpful and is taking care of these things but i feel the unit is not going to last. my last trailer a jayco gave us 6 years of trouble free camping where everytime we go out i'm either fixing something or calling the dealer

danemayer

Re: disappointed in quality

Hi houey57,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here and a lot of friendly people who are willing to contribute their knowledge and experience to help out.

I'm sorry you've had so many problems, but I'm glad to hear your dealer is taking care of them. A lot of us have had more dealer visits than we'd like the first year, but things do settle down and I'm sure you can look forward to many years of enjoyment.

Hang in there and don't hesitate to ask questions, or to contribute to the discussion where you're able.

jcher41

Houey57, I feel your pain. We picked up our new North Trails 26RKS on May 1st. Shortly thereafter I had to have a small crack repaired in the side wall and had to have a bent rear stabilizer jack replaced. We took our trailer out last week for 8 days and had nothing but problems. Leaks on the roof and outside shower. The hot water heater will not work on propane, three of the cabinet doors came loose from the hinges, a slide seal came loose, the sliding door inside continues to fall off the track, the electric awning pulled loose from the side wall causing a hole in the wall and rendering the awning unusable. The water pump is very noisy, and the tires appear to be showing some unusual wear on the edges. I spoke to the dealer today and have an appointment on Thursday. The dealer said not to worry that Heartland will probably cover the costs. I explained that my last trailer was five years old and I had zero problems. I expressed my concern about the North Trail not lasting very long. He told me understood and would do his best to make the repairs and get me back on the road again.

tmcran

It was my impression that HL had set up some type of effort to improve CQ. I guess it may not be going yet. My daughter and son-in-law bought a Jayco Eagle TT several months ago. They were concerned about the QC and problems related to myUnit. They have not had one issue since they got the Jayco.

CliffP

It is a shame that all campers aren't built with a little more pride. A good dealer should catch most of the problems before delivery. We did a lot of research before buying our North Trail but should have spent more time researching our dealer. Turns out they didn't even install our Equalizer hitch correctly and couldn't fix our outside shower in the three weeks it sat on their lot for service. Our bunkhouse flooded the next time we hooked up the water. Now we are waiting patiently to give another Heartland dealer that doesn't handle North Trails a chance to fix the stuff that needs replacement parts. Needless to say we feel your pain. Can still say we love the camper, just hoping to get things fixed before that changes.

houey57

i forgot to mention that my water heater would not run on propane at first, the dealer had to adjust the ignitor location and it has been fine ever since. definitely get your axles looked at as the tire wear on mine is a result of bad axle camber. my water pump is noisy too and i put some foam pipe insulation around the tubing where it vibrated on the floor. good luck

ZNK

Please realize that you may have received a bad rig. This happens with all products, vehicles, electronics, etc. Nothing can be perfect. I love my North Trail, yes there have been a few issues but Heartland is taking care of them. Do other companies take care of their issues as well?