Heartland owners calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodbuster

Hi Dave,

I must have missed the post explaining what is involved in ordering a calander.
Would you mind re-posting it for me....and maybe for others also?

Thank you
Dick

davebennington

Dick,

Good point, I believe I did think about posting it on this thread however I believe it would mean that I am trying to sell something and that would be against the forum rules. (I hope you see thos before a moderator sees it and deletes the post).

Here goes the calendars cost $7.00 each plus shipping and handling. It is the same price for either the 2014 or the 2014/2015. I can tell you shipping through USPS is running about $3.00 per envelope. So your total cost would be about $10.00.

However if I were you I would wait until the Tampa show and see me then.

dave

jimtoo

You are so right Dave...OK... we are all on the same page now..

Please use this link to order calenders from Dave.

Jim M

Last edited:

jjwink

How can those of us not going to Tampa get a copy? We will be in AZ Jan-May. Will you be in that area?

davebennington

Jerry,

You are putting me in a compromising position. I am trying to follow the forum rules and not sell things here. I will PM you with instructions on how to order calendars.

As for anyone else who would like a Heartland Owners Club Calendar see Moderator Jim's post #83

dave

danemayer

There's now a thread in the ITEMS FOR SALE area with complete information on how to order a calendar. Here's a link.

davebennington

You know sometime you have to laugh out loud at our government run postal system. I have been sending calendars via media mail for 2 years now, I went the other day to send the latest orders out and they told me that calendars did NOT qualify for media mail.

The first question that came to my mind how did they know what I was mailing were calendars?

I use media mail because it is alot cheaper for me as well as the recipient.

As luck would have it I live not to far from several other post offices, I went to one of them and there was not any problem, so until they tell me that calendars do not meet the requirements for media mail I will use them.

Sorry for the rant, I am just a little angry at out government now.

dave

davebennington

Dan,

I think that is a good idea. So if I include a piece of paper that says "Be careful
when hooking up your trailer to prevent accidents" that would make everything OK?

Interesting.

dave

tracks

Dave, remember it all depends on the interpenetration it’s hard to hit a moving target!!!!!!!! </SPAN>

davebennington

Kirk,

You are right. I just find it so frustrating dealing with government workers, oops I mean employee I forgot you cannot use government and worker in the same sentence as that is an oxymoron.

Anyway I do apologize for my rant, it gets frustrating sometime dealing with some people.

dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I got mine today . . . thanks for the quick shipping!

Very nice!

I'll drop the check in the mail on Monday!

One observation, though . . .

All of the winning photos are of fifth-wheel trailers . . .

And there are lots of us Heartland owners out here that have standard travel trailers.

Including my neighbor, who just yesterday bought a brand new North Country after seeing ours and trading in their old fifth-wheel for it.

It would have been nice to have seen some of them in the Heartland Owners Calender.

oldmannj

I got mine today . . . thanks for the quick shipping!

Very nice!

I'll drop the check in the mail on Monday!

One observation, though . . .

All of the winning photos are of fifth-wheel trailers . . .

And there are lots of us Heartland owners out here that have standard travel trailers.

Including my neighbor, who just yesterday bought a brand new North Country after seeing ours and trading in their old fifth-wheel for it.

It would have been nice to have seen some of them in the Heartland Owners Calender.

Just curious did you send in photo ?????

davebennington

If I may let me answer that.Yes he did send in a photo and it was a good one, If I remember right it was on the last day. I passed it on to the judges, however some had already made their selections. Now as far as all being fifth wheels that most likely because no one who owns a pull behind sent a picture in to be considered. I can remember asking, no pleading with several members who own standard travel trailers to send in a picture, it did not happen.

Like I have said before If I am still around next year we will have another Heartland Owners Club Calendar. I will go on record today you can begin sending your pictures to me starting NOW. I plan on having a panel of judges again to make the calendar selection fair to everyone. Remember only 12 people will make the final cut.

dave

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
If I may let me answer that.Yes he did send in a photo and it was a good one, If I remember right it was on the last day. I passed it on to the judges, however some had already made their selections. Now as far as all being fifth wheels that most likely because no one who owns a pull behind sent a picture in to be considered. I can remember asking, no pleading with several members who own standard travel trailers to send in a picture, it did not happen.

Like I have said before If I am still around next year we will have another Heartland Owners Club Calendar. I will go on record today you can begin sending your pictures to me starting NOW. I plan on having a panel of judges again to make the calendar selection fair to everyone. Remember only 12 people will make the final cut.

dave

When can we start sending in submissions Dave? lol

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Kirk,

You are right. I just find it so frustrating dealing with government workers, oops I mean employee I forgot you cannot use government and worker in the same sentence as that is an oxymoron.

Anyway I do apologize for my rant, it gets frustrating sometime dealing with some people.

dave

So...you're mad at Postal employees who are following regulations, while you are trying to cheat and use a form of postage that you clearly don't qualify for....???? Really???

davebennington

Duane,

You are so correct there is some confusion present. My biggest complaint is not the fact that they change rules after 2 years of Media Mail shipping. It is the charging rate that is used. I have shipped envelopes that weigh the same, the same size to places that are very close to one another and the price can vary any where from $.50 to a $1.00 difference. It is very difficult to plan anything running an operation like that. IMO

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.