Heartland owners calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

An idea:

The Indian Motorcycle group I ride with does a calendar every year -

And we auction off the featured spot for each month -

Owners bid like crazy to get their birthday or anniversary months.

We've raised over $60,000 in three years with 100% of the proceeds going to the Shrine Childrens Hospitals.....

OEFVET

OK folks so I have a few questions for you all. I'm working on the calendar format, size and paper/picture quality. In lieu of a survey I thought you could just post your comments and suggestions on this thread for all to see.

How important is cost? over quality? cost to make will be between $10-20 per calendar

Sizes vary from <label for="pricingSection-1870">Mini (8.5" x 13") </label><label for="pricingSection-699">Classic (11" x 17") </label><label for="pricingSection-1869">Large (14.5" x 22.5")</label> which do you prefer?

Besides HOC Events: HOMG, HOCO, HCR, HRR, NAHR are there anything else you would like to see added to the calendar?

Voting members for the first year will be Regional Leader Teams from either South Central, North Central, North East, South East, Mountain, Pacific, and Canada, does this sound fair?

Thank you for your feedback!

<label for="pricingSection-1870"></label><label for="pricingSection-699"></label><label for="pricingSection-1869"></label>

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'd pay $25-$30 for one. It's a custom calendar! Short runs in printing always cost more than long (1000+) runs.

The quality of the printing will probably be pretty good -- but it's dependent upon the quality of the images. If you take a small (low-resolution) image and try to enlarge it a bunch, the image quality will not be very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEFVET

I'd pay $25-$30 for one. It's a custom calendar! Short runs in printing always cost more than long (1000+) runs.

The quality of the printing will probably be pretty good -- but it's dependent upon the quality of the images. If you take a small (low-resolution) image and try to enlarge it a bunch, the image quality will not be very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erika, thanks for the feedback. I would love to have a really nice quality calendar. If I order at least 100 the cost can be kept under $20. I just need to get some feedback from the group before proceeding. Regional and chapter leaders please feel free to provide some feedback. I'm beginning to think there is not much interest in this custom calendar.

Bones

Another thought. Decide on the size of an image and the minimum needed resolution and pixel count. Any image below those requirements gets kicked out. This will help you have a good quality calendar. That said You will need a good service people can use to drop the images in since a good image could have a file size from 3 MB to 10 MB

OEFVET

OK folks the time has come to get those great pictures compiled and submitted for the HOC Calendar 2018. The picture should be the best pixel quality available. Pictures should be taken anytime in 2017. Judges will be looking for your Heartland RV pictured with or without your tow vehicle. Setup at campground or in travel mode. Recommend a picture with great scenic backgrounds.

Send any submissions to the following email address:
hoccalendar2018@gmail.com

OEFVET

Just a friendly reminder to get those great pictures compiled and submitted for the HOC Calendar 2018. The picture should be the best pixel quality available. Pictures should be taken anytime in 2017. Judges will be looking for your Heartland RV pictured with or without your tow vehicle. Setup at campground or in travel mode. Recommend a picture with great scenic backgrounds.

Send any submissions to the following email address:hoccalendar2018@gmail.com

Bones

I need to sit down and sort through some of them. I forgot that the calendar was still on. We should have more pictures coming as we camp more in the Fall.

OEFVET

Heartland owners calendar - Discontinuing

ALL,

Unfortunately not enough HOC members are interested in a calendar to keep printing one. I have a total of 6 pictures submitted. Accordingly, I'll be discontinuing the calendar. Perhaps in a year or two HOC members will want to bring it back.

davebennington

As the creator of the Heartland Owners Club Calendar I would hate to see the calendar fade away. There is still plenty of time to gather pictures from the members, If pictures can be sent in by December 1, the printer can have the calendars printed and back to you by January.

Is there some member willing to take up the task of putting the calendar together? I will help as much as I can.

dave

davebennington

To produce the Heartland Owners Club Calendar every year is takes a special person to advertise, promote and a whole lot of dedication to the effort of creation of the calendar.

I believe the key is to keep the calendar in everyone's mind throughout the year so when the time comes to send that special picture in to be considered for the calendar you are ready.

dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
In a lot of places the 2017 camping season is just now coming to a close, so I'm sure lots of photos will be coming soon.

We are leaving this Saturday for our last campout of the year and are going up in the mountains for fall color shots and was hoping to get a good shot of the Prowler with the yellow aspen leaves.

As an example, took this one last year (a year ago this week as a matter of fact) in Utah on our way home from the Las Vegas National HOC Rally:

ProwlerUtahKOA-P1020477.jpg ProwlerUtahKOA-P1020457.jpg

And these two from Vegas at the National HOC Rally:

ProwlerVegasHOC-P1020420.jpg ProwlerVegasHOC-P1020426.jpg

I've got the full rez versions of these . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.