New Heartland Owners Club Portal

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
As many of you realize, the Heartland Owners Forum is open to the public and anyone is welcome whether they own a Heartland product or not. The Heartland Owners Club is a separate and distinct organization open only to Heartland product owners and includes benefits available only to its members. As the Heartland Owners Club (HOC) grew and evolved it became evident that changes were necessary in the way Club information was accessed. We're pleased to announce the launch of the Heartland Owners Club Portal. Find the Club Portal from the top of any forum page by clicking the Portals link, then the Club Portal link. The portal can also be accessed directly via heartlandowners.org/club.

The goal of the Club Portal is to provide information on all aspects of the club on a single page, in an effort to make the information easier to find than wading through a dozen forum threads. Over time, we will remove many Club related forum threads we've created since 2008 so we don't have duplicate or conflicting information out there. We invite you to check out the Club Portal today.

The Club Portal and the Club Links on the portal will continue to evolve as we incorporate ideas from you, our members. We look forward to your feedback about the Club Portal. Post your comments and suggestions on this thread.

Finally - when you meet Heartland owners who don't know about the club or who want to know more about it, you now have an easy to remember link to give them: heartlandowners.org/club. This link takes them right to the Club Portal.

Club_Portal.jpg

Last edited:

oldmannj

I had gone to check the new portal out. However, right now it seems that it is more pointed at joining the club or maintaining membership. As more content is added I'm sure it will be a useful tool for the HL owners that spend a lot of time on the forum. ED

oldmannj

I must be doing SOMETHING wrong, I don't have a members list or much anything else but a welcome letter and membership info in the right corner. Body of the page gives explanations but nothing else.

clubmgr

Staff member
I must be doing SOMETHING wrong, I don't have a members list or much anything else but a welcome letter and membership info in the right corner. Body of the page gives explanations but nothing else.

Hi,

You should have a list that looks like this:

• Welcome!
  • Membership Qualifications
  • Membership Benefits
  • Membership Types
  • Membership Dues
  • Join the Club
  • Membership Renewal
  • Membership Upgrade
  • Replacement Items
  • Chapter Forums
  • Chapter Newsletters
  • Heartland Highlights
  • Manage My Club Data
  • Contact Us

Are you saying you don't?

clubmgr

Staff member
I had gone to check the new portal out. However, right now it seems that it is more pointed at joining the club or maintaining membership. As more content is added I'm sure it will be a useful tool for the HL owners that spend a lot of time on the forum. ED

There is a link to the Club Newsletter.

BUT, what else would you like to see? We welcome any and all suggestions :)

jbeletti

Ed - you're not doing anything wrong :)

This page is the CLUB portal. So it's all about the Club and nothing else. Whereas the Forum is all about Heartland RVs and RVing. As you found, the Club Portal is geared towards new members, to let them know what the clubs about and how to join it. And, it's for existing club members to access and manage their club information, to have easy to find links to the newsletters and such. Thank you for your feedback and keep it coming!

Jim

Last edited:

jayandhisgals

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize until I followed the link that there is an introduction membership available. Signed up tonight, excited to give it a test run. Just wasn't ready to fully commit to the membership yet, glad you offer the trial. Thank you.

jbeletti

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize until I followed the link that there is an introduction membership available. Signed up tonight, excited to give it a test run. Just wasn't ready to fully commit to the membership yet, glad you offer the trial. Thank you.

Jay - thanks so much for taking us up in the IM offer. You're our target - someone whose interest is piqued but just not quite sure. So we've created this way for you to check it out for yourself. Maybe you can make the MO rally and hopefully even the big one in Goshen, IN in June.

jbeletti

Worked good and has a nice concise, yet comprehensive explanation of the club.

Thanks Peg and Mike. If you feel anything is missing or inaccurate, please let us know.

Julie will be working on creating an extensive FAQ (frequently asked questions) section that takes a deeper dive into club related matters and issues that come up periodically.

We're also working on the Club Organization page. We want club members and prospective members to know how the club is organized, where the regions and chapters are, where the membership concentrations are and such.

One thing that will take a lot of coding to do but that I am excited about is being able to show a North American map with circles in each chapter with member counts in the circles. And where this map is auto-magically updated as membership changes.

Over the course of 2013, we plan to go through the forum and remove some club content (that we've created in the past) and make sure that content lives on the Club Portal - all in an effort to have most club content/info in a single, easy to find, easy to use resource.

julietest

For those of you looking for the Member Directory. It is still there. For now, you can access it like this: Club Portal, Manage My Club Data and the Member Directory will be in the same place it always was.

BTW, I posted this with my test alias. Sorry. . .

Julie Hancock
Club Manager

porthole

Retired
It is still there.
For now, you can access it like this: Club Portal, Manage My Club Data and the Member Directory will be in the same place it always was.

Without that little "step by step" I would have never found "where it always was"

And using a phone I can't get to a screen to open it.

What kind if file is it?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Julie, Yes I found the directory. Thanks

I also finally downloaded a free opener that allows me to open csv files.

This had been an issue for me in the past, but now I can open it. :)

Haven't seen any negative impacts on my computer, so far.

If anyone is having a problem opening it, you might try it. http://freeopener.com/

Trace

clubmgr

Staff member
Without that little "step by step" I would have never found "where it always was"

And using a phone I can't get to a screen to open it.

What kind if file is it?

The Member Directory is a .CSV file.