Just bought 2011 Big Country 3450TS!

Well, my hubby and I are new owners of a 2011 Big Country 3450ts and are thrilled! We've never owned a 5th wheeler before, so we're definitely rookies, although we do own a 2009 Surveyor pull-behind and once owned a 2002 Coleman Niagara pop-up.

Now, we have the challenge of finding a place in the North Carolina mountains to put these big boy on! We are wanting a permanent spot in a nice campground (preferrably year-round) where we can sneak away from the Charlotte area and be in our nice "vacation home" within a couple of hours! Oh wait.....we've got to buy a new truck now to haul this thing!

Our Big Country is being delivered tonight. SO EXCITED!:eek:

jimtoo

Hi burtonsgigi,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When they deliver your new toy, be sure and hook it up and check everything. Do a very through PDI. Make sure you can operate everything and everything works like it should.

Enjoy the forum and your new Big Country.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". We are on our second Big Country having the first one for 5 years before getting our current coach.

The Chapter Leaders of NC might be able to help you with a campground. Their names are Lance & Kem Duguay (forum name lduguay). Terry Deal (tdeal) also might have a suggestion. Good luck. If you would like to meet other folks with Heartland products, check out the upcoming Southeast Regional Rally in April 12-14 at Pride RV Resort in Waynesville, NC. You can find more information on the portal page, right side under Heartland Regional Rally. It's a blast.

Enjoy and travel safely.

Thanks for the replies, Jimtoo and Nabo! I will definitely try to get in touch with the people you listed about the campgrounds.
Hubby is busy today buying a truck (glad that's his job and not mine!).
We are going to take our new "toy" (hopefully) next weekend to a local campground and spend the whole weekend trying to learn everything. This RV is a little more detailed than the others we've owned! It's a task we're both looking forward to!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congratuation on your new home away from home. Hope you find just the right spot real soon so you can really start enjoying her! Welcome to our family!

Speedy

You'll really enjoy your new rig; we've bought our 2011 last year and decided to start living it in. Then as things changed for us we hit the road full-time and are enjoying all the people we meet. Please join the Heartland Owners Club and go to some of the rallies; we have made some lifelong friends by doing so and sure have fun at them.