Roof material

Apologize for asking so many questions but we don't have a dealer any near. Does the TPO roof on the Big Country carry the same warranty as the rubber roofs on the other models?

Just talked to Heartland. Same length of warranty. I called to see if we could upgrade to rubber and was informed that all new BCs coming out of the factory have rubber roofs.

brianharrison

Technically TPO and EPDM are both "rubber roofs". Here is one link to some info. There is additional info on the web for sure.

On a side note - BC shows TPO on the specs page on HL RV site - I am wondering if you have mixed up the materials and models - ie Gateway EPDM roof?

Brian

Just talked to Heartland. Same length of warranty. I called to see if we could upgrade to rubber and was informed that all new BCs coming out of the factory have rubber roofs.

Brian, I used the "compare" feature on the website on all models from Landmark down through Siverado. All came up as rubber roofs except the BC. I researched the TPO roof and determined that I would prefer rubber. Called Heartland to see if we could change roof to rubber and was told that they have discontinued using the TPO because of supply problem and that all new BCs have rubber roofs.

brianharrison

Cool - HL may have to update the website soon - I am sure they have clarified with all the dealers when customers order factory units.

Brian