water leak at black tank flush inlet when connected to city water

I recently purchased a 2013 Wilderness 2850BH and took it out camping this past weekend. Everytime I connected to the city water connection there was a slow drip from the black tank flush inlet. It seemed to be slowing overtime, but I didn't want to do any damage. I did notice that the leak was not present at all when the city water was off. Any ideas what would cause this? Any plumbing diagrams on this unit that might shed some light on this?

Thank you for any help,
Mike

danemayer

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find lots of useful information here along with a bunch of friendly and helpful people. This is definitely the place to get questions answered.

I'm assuming you have a hose screwed into the city water inlet and nothing attached to the black tank flush inlet. I don't think there's any direct connection between the city water inlet and the black flush inlet.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe there's a water leak that's dripping on the black tank flush hose and running to the outside. I'd take a look at the plumbing behind the wall.

Maybe other owners will have some other ideas.

Gary521

Look for a leak on the backside of the UDC. As previously stated, the two ain't connected. If they were, you would have huge problems.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Mike.....Have you used your black tank flush before? Is it located on the back of your trailer?. Where is your connection for your city water?

Hi BigJim, The city water connection comes in from the very back of the unit almost exactly at the midpoint. The black flush inlet is on the right side (if looking from the rear), close to the bathroom entry door. This puts is almost exactly behind the sink in the bathroom. I did not notice any type of leak using the water pump and tanks, only a slow drip when connected to the city water line. Started as a drip about every 5 seconds, but became a drop every 12. I did not leave it connected however.

I have never flushed the black tank. We picked up the unit Sunday the 7th and took it out for a night of camping the 13th. This unit is fully winterized and the entire undercarriage is enclosed. I did not see any drips anywhere else, nor water in the bathroom anywhere.

Thanks again for your help.