These pics are scary.

jimtoo

I saw that on the live news yesterday when they were taking pictures. Looks like it was a storage lot or yard.

Jim M

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
:confused:
Seeing pictures like this is what scares us on if we are considering the wrong move. To become a lifer or not.
:(

Been "lifers" for eight years...keep up maintenance and take precautions....things will be fine. If something like that is coming, use your wheels and get far away!!

TexAndLinda

kakampers, thanks.
We'll do just that. you mention "maintenance," what are some of the major points to maintain. We have not bought our 5th wheel yet. And we thought joining a forum will give us insight on what to buy and what not to buy.

ParkIt

Used to live in the LA area and know to stay away from certain areas. Sounds bad but after a couple of years you start to understand why it was such a great agricultural state - lots of heat, just enough rain and steep terrain. I hope those folks the best, I sure is a bad sight to see.

olcoon

WOW! Glad we don't live in an area where wild fires occur routinely!

I'll chime in a little on the maintenance. It's a long list & basically everything in & on the rig needs it at some time or another. Check for cracks in the caulking & re-caulk when needed. Make sure the plumbing connections under sink, etc. are tight. Keep tires at proper air pressure, lube everything that needs grease at least once a year. That will get the list started, I'll let someone else continue.