Pollen Stains

rlkubi

We went camping the past week and it is high tree pollen time in Missouri. My husband got on the roof and hosed it and the slide out off but there is still pollen stains on the sides. What can I do to clean those off? I tried a Magic Eraser and it didn't work.

Thanks for your help!

ParkIt

Are you talking about the side of the slide or the top?
If its the side you will need to give it a good washing, I use Dawn since it really breaks up the goo but I also use a protectant over that afterwards.
If its on the top of the slide you will probably have to use a Rubber Roof cleaner, there are many to choose from so do a little shopping to see what you would want to use.
Not that I use this but its a good video on cleaning your roof and how often:

ParkIt

Do you have gel coat or paint?
Either one you may have to use a clay bar to pull the stains out of the finish, its a bit like raw egg stains on the bumper of a car...they never really come out. After a good scrub with wash safe detergent and clay bar, put a good sealant/protectant over it.
Just like any vehicle your unit should be washed thoroughly and detailed to keep it looking as good as new. It can take a few days but its worth it.

olcoon

rlkubi,
Don't know how you wash your 5er, but I use Dawn with a somewhat soft bristled brush with a long handle (bought it 2 Wally World) & that "usually" cleans everything off. If there are still some hard to clean spots, (black streaks, etc.) I'll use some type of black streak remover. Use caution, if you use something in a spray bottle, sometimes the runoff will permanently stain the decals. I know someone "very" well that this happened to.

ParkIt

rlkubi,
Don't know how you wash your 5er, but I use Dawn with a somewhat soft bristled brush with a long handle (bought it 2 Wally World) & that "usually" cleans everything off. If there are still some hard to clean spots, (black streaks, etc.) I'll use some type of black streak remover. Use caution, if you use something in a spray bottle, sometimes the runoff will permanently stain the decals. I know someone "very" well that this happened to.
Still using dawn for deep clean and my Grandpa's hose brush wand, if you don't try to sand off the stains with the brush it will last years. I haven't had to use anything for black streaks - that's what a clay bar and the Zaino is for so I'll take your knowing someone "very" well on that ;)