Do You feel safe in your fifth wheel?

Have you had any security issues while traveling?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StevieWonder

I didn't mention my three dogs ... one rat terrier mix, one German shepherd mix and a pit bull mix. The rat terrier sounds the alert and then delegates to the bigger ones! :D

azbound

Re-keyed

As most of us know just about every manufacturer uses the same locks and keys. For example my last trailer was a keystone my brother in law owned and R Vision trailer and our locks were interchangeable, I could open all his bins and he mine. therefore upon delivery of my BH last December I had the dealer rekeyed all the locks. In my mind and for peace of mind it was well worth the small investment.

timk

What I worry about

I'm not too worried about loosing a fair fight. But.....

Picture this; Your taking a quick nap in a rest stop, about 2 am you hear a noise outside. Then the situations degrades to; you got guns, they got guns, now we're shooting at each other, and your in this big box, and they are out there shooting at this big box. You all know what our walls are make out of?

Food for thought. Makes me think a motor home would be handy.

TimK

buckeyebob

i carry a remington 870 express 12 guage in camper,nothing in the tv.havent got my conceiled permit but took the test and have all the paperwork for it.i just aint ready to carry on my person,we have signs on every park,store etc saying no guns allowed.that means it must be locked in truck to be stolen by a crook!!!!ohio also had reporters that published all the names of con/carry, permit holders.now the crooks know where to steal the guns!!!!NICE HUH? 12 guage is unloaded and shells are hidden.hopefully the sound of the slide action is a deterent.i realize as we get older we are more of a target for theives and other bad guys,but the last thing i would do is shoot a person,unless it was me ,my family or another innocent person in the ballance.if we travelled more accross country i would have to reconsider the carry part. my sundance 2900mk has one key and it works deadbolt too.the salesman tried to open my zeppelin lock an his master wouldnt open deadbolt,i dont know about the sundance.bob

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I have to agree with Rick about not locking the storage areas. I don't want to just give my stuff to someone, but I'd rather they be able to open the doors and take it than damaging the coach.

If someone should break into my trailer with my wife in there, they are in more trouble than everyone else with a gun. She is much scarier than all of you guys with your shotguns and assault rifles.

Seriously, I don't worry too much about security in an RV park, simply because I've never had a problem in one. I've never lost anything, nor have I had anyone come knocking on my door at 2AM. I'd just let the DW answer the door and then have fun watchin' 'em run!

I am new on the forum and haven't had a chance to catch up on all the threads yet. Has there been any problems with safety in the fifth wheels?

SmokeyBare

We've been 4 years on the road full time... We have... thank goodness... never experinced one problem. We have camped in the most remote locations quite close to the border of Mexico... we are now parked quite close to Atlanta... We feel very safe in our BigHorn.

I do belive that most Campgrounds and RV parks are safe... because like minded folks are in them... Good Solid Citizens... wanting to enjoy the time in their RV lifestyle.

Heck I even got rid of my fears in Yuma Arizona... by selling a gun I brought with us... when we first started our FULL TIME ADVENTURE... Just got tired of it bouncing aound in the cabinet... Sure didn't ever feel I needed it...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I was thinking the same thing Larry. Not sure that non-LEOs can buy the tasers. But it may be a good option if we can.

Forrest and others, that's a lot of fire power out there with RVers. If we were all at the same rally, I'd feel pretty safe :)

Jim

Believe it or now Taser Inc has started selling a civilian version of the Law Enforcement Taser. It does not have quite as much power as the LE version but it will still do the job. I am not sure of the price but you can go on the Taser website www.Taser.com and get the price. I had to get shot with a Taser when I went to the Taser Instructor school and believe me they work. It was the most intense experience you can ever have and still be alive.:eek:

flamingknitter

Hey - That taser comes in pink!!! I have been looking at the Taurus Judge but it is illegal in California (don't get me started. I don't understand why I don't have the same rights as every other US citizen!) Anyone know if I can possess a taser in California?

Marybeth

imchud

We carry enough insurance to choke a horse, if some jerk wants in that bad they can have at it... As long as were not in it at the time, in that case I carry my own special type of security, LOL....