Ventured into the satellite world and so far a bit disappointed

porthole

Retired
Whoo hoo - there must be some software change with the BB.

Great improvement when adding to an existing thread instead of adding new threads.

jbeletti

Whoo hoo - there must be some software change with the BB.

Great improvement when adding to an existing thread instead of adding new threads.
Could be a change, but vB 4.x has been deprecated and is only receiving "security" fixes.

Note that threads that have been open with no posts for a year are still auto-closed. But as we've shown here, can be reopened upon request.

BigGuy82

Re: Venturing into the satellite world trials and tribulations

In a nutshell -

I have a roof mounted King Tailgater for Dish. I have only one problem - trees over my site, so I try to get a non-shaded site. Outside of that, I'm mostly satisfied. Picture is great, operation is easy. No complaints about price - if I was worried about that, I'd switch to broadcast TV. There is no setup problem - the thing zeroes in on the satellite automatically. If I move to a different area, a menu pops up, asks me where I am and auto calibrates the unit. My channels are a bit limited because I don't have Dish at home so I'm on the monthly RV plan. The customer service team at Dish is not very knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk