idea for the forum posts

szewczyk_john

I am not a computer programer so I am not sure if this is possible but if it is, I would like to see this idea added to this forum. Can we have it set up so that when we return to a thread for the thread shows you the last post that you read under each thread? If you a few days and then come back and go to a thread that you had interest in you either get sent to the very first thread or to the very last thread. As we know some threads like the Goshen Rally threads had over 800 posts to it. Sometimes it is even hard to just find the last post that you read under a certain post. If the forum can remember which threads I have read and which ones have new posts for me to read, can it also return me to the last post that I read in each thread? Just a thought, I think it would be easier to follow the threads especially the long ones.

donr827

Good idea. There are two rv forums that I go to that do what you are suggesting. It all depends on the software program that they use. I have learned to work with the current software.
Don

porthole

Retired
For individual subjects look at the bar above the first post for the unread posts button.

For the forum look for the new posts button near the top left.

szewczyk_john

Duane thanks for showing me that. I had never noticed that tool before. Can't explain why but now that I know it is there it will come in handy. I'll assume that done827 did not know about it either so at least I can think that I was not the only one that missed it.

porthole

Retired
Another tip, if you set up your notices for email notification you will get an email when there is a new post to a topic you are subscribed too.

In that email will be a link that takes you directly to the new post.

szewczyk_john

Duane's first tip is what I was looking for. Some of the threads get 20 plus posts a day and if you have it set to newest or oldest you have to dis forward or backward to find the last one you read. I will be using Duane's tip from now on now that I know it is there.