Greetings from Texas!

SailorDon

I bought my first ever travel trailer 4 days ago (July 23, 2013). It's a 2014 Heartland Wilderness 2175 RB.
I'm a happy camper! :)

Here is a photo at my last camping stop, the Texas State Railroad campground in Rusk, Texas (stayed there Friday night).
That was the last stop before the final 100 miles home leg at the end of a 1,000 mile road trip to bring my new travel trailer home from the dealer in Davenport, Iowa.

I'm working on a video/slide show presentation to post to YouTube. Right now, all I have to post is a few photographs.

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi SailorDon,

Welcome to the Heartland Family and to the Owners Forum. Sounds like you've had a great inaugural trip.

SailorDon

Hi SailorDon,

Welcome to the Heartland Family and to the Owners Forum. Sounds like you've had a great inaugural trip.

Thank you for the "welcome" to the Heartland owner's forum.

It was a great inaugural trip. The only problem with the trailer was the speaker wires were switched so the outside speakers only played the right channel and the inside speakers only played the left channel.
The dealer put a technician on it right away and the problem was fixed in 45 minutes. I don't know if this forum pemits dealer endorsements, but I would highly recommend an RV dealer close to Davenport, Iowa.

More pics from my first travel trailer road trip.

The first time I ever saw my travel trailer. Tuesday at noon time.

First hook up to my tow vehicle 2010 Ford F-150 with 5.4L V-8

Check for level after hook up.

Dealer has 6 "campsites" with full hook-ups. He let me use one on Tuesday night to check that everything was working OK.

They treated me so well that I almost wanted to stay for a whole week, but the open road was calling.
I had to move on after the speaker wires were connected properly.

At a rest area somewhere in Iowa. Nice name on that 18-wheeler! :)

First "real" camping at Lake of the Ozarks State Park. Only electricity, but that was enough. Notice the deer in the background. It was almost like a petting zoo.

Welcome center in Arkansas.

I'm going to break this into another reply. I'm getting too many photos in this one.

SailorDon

Continuation of my photos from my inaugural travel trailer road trip.

Looking out my kitchen window parked in a scenic overlook on Arkansas Hwy 7.

View from the outside.

Overnight camping on I-30 west of Hot Springs, Arkansas.

Back in Texas at the Texarkana welcome center on I-30

Campground at Texas State Railroad in Rusk, TX

And from there, a short 2 hour drive to my home in Livingston, TX, 100 miles away.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Great pics, thanks for sharing! Be sure to join the Heartland Owners Club and join in some Rallies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk